Overland Training's Expedition Woman Course!

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Overland Training's first Expedition Woman course lead and instructed by Kristina Hall was held last week in northern Arizona near the beautiful red mountains of Sedona!

The three-day course provided its five students with instruction and experience in Overland Essentials, from basic trail spotting and vehicle recovery, proper clothing for the environment, staying fit and clean, food preparation and storage, trail etiquette and awareness, basic first aid, water usage and conservation, and the importance of positive group dynamics. Tread Lightly/Leave no Trace principles were also emphasized.

The group included students from California and Arizona with a wide variety of highly capable vehicles including a Toyota Land Cruiser, Jeep Rubicon, Land Rover DII, Toyota Tacoma and a Nissan Frontier.
The%20students.JPG

Their adventure began just east of Sedona and ventured up into high desert and ultimately the pine forests just south of Flagstaff.
IMG_4386.jpg

Vehicle Recovery
Winching.JPG

Spotting and Trail Marshaling
Kristina%20Spotting%20Jeep.JPG

IMG_4410.jpg

Spotting.JPG

_MG_4200.jpg

The%20class.JPG

Keep an eye on the Overland Training Schedule for our next class, www.overlandtraining.com

Regards,
Brian

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very Very cool...
My wife wasn't into the idea of taking the course until the Overland Expo and it hadn't been that this course was on Mothers day she would have been there.

I am really looking forward to getting her through the Ex Womens Course very soon. Not sure if I want her Overland Certified as she is already smarter than I am in toooooo many areas :)

FlyingWen

Explorer
Sorry I had to miss this one guys. A last minute change to my school schedule caused me to have a huge Final that weekend. Got an A on the final, but missed out on a great opportunity for the OT Women's edition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz