Overland Rally: Expeditions West Announces Regional Overland Rallies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Very cool :cool:

If you need any help in Utah, I'm up for it. I can assist with routes, BLM/SITLA permits, insurance, etc if planning to host on public lands or have a great private property location in mind if that is the desire.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
I think these will be great. I know that one discussion that comes up around here at the ExPo inspired trips we attend with fellow members is the lack of vendor presence here in the East. I ,like alot of other members, like to be able to put a hand on a product before purchasing. Especially one with a significant expedniture. While testimonials here on the forum are helpful, being able to see a product is always nice. So AT, if you're heading this way, make sure there's a FlipPac on the back of someone's truck. :elkgrin:

Though for me the big draw would be having a chance to meet some ExPo folks that we've been skating around and never been able to meet up with because of one reason or another. Getting to swap stories and have a laugh around a fire with some of these folks would be sweet.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Scott,

Great news. I think a southeastern event (GA, TN, NC) would be a big hit. If you are collecting a list of ExPo volunteers to help, count me in. Please feel free to have any coordinators or organizers contact me. Would be happy to help scout possible locations.

Bob

Yep, on the SE. In fact, it seems that initially there seems to be more interest in the rally in the SE than the spots that DID get an event. I know there are a LOT of members in the SE. I enjoyed my trip out to the Trophy in 2007, but having something closer would be great.

GA would be great, but I would also suggest something a bit west of that, so we could get some participation from some of the midwest states. Possibly middle to eastern Tenn? Of course I think Arkansas has a lot to offer too, but then that is starting to get a bit too far west for some of the eastern folks.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
We are in the very early planning stages of one down here in Texas... and 6string has expressed an interest in getting an event going in Arkansas... which I will also be more than willing to support in any way I can... :victory:

This is really cool! :lurk:

EDIT: Pretty much interested in any Overland Rally Anywhere... still kicking myself for not making it out to the Overland Expo this year. :(

Last edited:

Viggen

Just here...
Come to Georgia and I'm there! (And I'm bringing a possy of enthusiasts with me)

There is a STRONG Rover community in the NC-SC-GA-VA-TN area.

Im not in Ga but do live in Va. Vt is too far to drive for a weekend but there are great places in the above 5 state area to wander through.

Scott Brady

Founder
As a nice little update, we now have a professional event organizer involved.

How good is he? Well, his last gig was the Olympics. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior