Overland Journal: G-Wagen

Scott Brady

Founder
I just posted my wrap up article on the home page. Overall, I have been so overwhelmingly happy with this Mercedes. I have now owned it for over 10 years...

DSC03559.jpg

greynolds

Observer
How do you keep it so clean??? Mine usually looks dirty about 20 minutes after a car wash from the drive home on paved roads. I mean, it is black, but still. :D

Bay2Mtn

Did a little testing with the new iKamper Mini. Fairly light and compact, which I appreciated. Always fun in the snow :)
View attachment 581511
This was a few months ago
View attachment 581512
I also had the chance to stretch the G's legs a bit in the Sonoran Desert :)

Hey Scott,

Is there a write-up or podcast review on the iKamper Mini? I listened to the RTT/Swag/Groundtent podcast, but can't find much feedback on this specific model.

[I'm about to "invest" in my first RTT, mainly for myself (wide-shouldered) and my 11-year old son to go on extended trips in my 200-series. I'll be putting a Front Runner rack on, and want to have room for jerry cans/boxes on the rack, so I've got limited options when it comes to small footprint, hard shell RTTs. Having a hard time justifying the price vs a softshell...]

Scott Brady

Founder
Hey Scott,

Is there a write-up or podcast review on the iKamper Mini? I listened to the RTT/Swag/Groundtent podcast, but can't find much feedback on this specific model.

[I'm about to "invest" in my first RTT, mainly for myself (wide-shouldered) and my 11-year old son to go on extended trips in my 200-series. I'll be putting a Front Runner rack on, and want to have room for jerry cans/boxes on the rack, so I've got limited options when it comes to small footprint, hard shell RTTs. Having a hard time justifying the price vs a softshell...]
I did mention it briefly. Overall, it is a very nice tent, and made from quality materials. It is a bit compact on the width, so be sure you like who you are sleeping with ;) Any criticisms are really minor, like the closing mechanisms, which wrap under the base, which can be difficult to attach when used with anything but cross bars. It is one of the tents I most frequently recommend due to weight and size.

sdw

Wow, I really dig the color on that. What kind of RTT is that? Same setup as mine - ladder over back.

greynolds

Observer
Yeah, it looks fantastic in the photos, which were really well composed by the way (nice job @limbusgold), out in the desert where these beasts belong. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that color on my own vehicle that serves as my daily driver and occasional trip vehicle.

limbusgold

Wow, I really dig the color on that. What kind of RTT is that? Same setup as mine - ladder over back.
Hi SDW, the RTT is from HOWLING MOON, very well built. Opens to the back as i have also the lower enclosure so I can have private access to the car while keeping ourselves inside...

limbusgold

Yeah, it looks fantastic in the photos, which were really well composed by the way (nice job @limbusgold), out in the desert where these beasts belong. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that color on my own vehicle that serves as my daily driver and occasional trip vehicle.
It is a very flashy collor indeed. if you want to see more pictures I have an IG dedicated to it. @theorangee1; in the desert looks just sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles