Overland Journal: Discovery I, 5-speed

... However, I am a Land Rover owner, so I must fit something less functional and practical. Queue the 7.5 XZL! ;)

Scott...I've got a set of NTO 7.50 XZLs on steel wheels from a 110 on the shelf and they really are less than confidence inspiring on the road under the Disco or the D90.

They're great on the 80"...its just that much lighter...oh, and it's filppin' slow too :)

Mack73

Adventurer
I hate this thread. Every time I see it, I go to craigslist and look up Disco I's

But I can't get one yet, got to sell another project first :mad:

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Scott...I've got a set of NTO 7.50 XZLs on steel wheels from a 110 on the shelf and they really are less than confidence inspiring on the road under the Disco or the D90.

They're great on the 80"...its just that much lighter...oh, and it's filppin' slow too :)

Soo....what are you doin with them... :ylsmoke:

Soo....what are you doin with them... :ylsmoke:

Why...doesn't everyone on your block have 10 - 15 extra mounted up tires/wheels in the garage?

They're interchangeable with the 215/85's that are on the 80"...they also make the 109 juuuust a bit shorter in case it needs to come into the garage.

Yes...there are two leafers and two coilers that live at my house...I'm just that masochistic... :)

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
I run 245/75x16 Maxxis 764's - the latest version. Hugely impractical, yet surprisngly practical. I use simple steel mods with a -8mm off set. That way I get good steering and the ability to adjust wheel bearings with wheels on...

drifter-co

I've got a question—I'm trying to mount an ARB fridge in the back of my 99 Series 1 while still keeping the back seat usable, but it doesn't quite fit. I can do the modifications and have it figured out, but I'm surprised I can't find anything on the forum where anyone has dealt with the same issue. Scott—maybe the National Luna takes up a smaller footprint than the ARB, but did you have to do any modifications to fit it? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Exploder
Ben Little (username benlittle) ran an ARB in the back of his D1. Maybe his fridge was a tad smaller??

it fits my 95. im using the arb slider and a notched dog guard. it slightly rubs the door. you have to ditch either the cubby or the subwoofer.

seats are removed in the pic for the engle to fit, but thats where it stays even when they are installed

IMG_1705.JPG

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Scott how are you liking your new coils? I thinking about ditching my 110 coils for some stiffer ones. I'm just not sure if I need heavy or extra heavy in the front with the 300 TDi.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Scott how are you liking your new coils? I thinking about ditching my 110 coils for some stiffer ones. I'm just not sure if I need heavy or extra heavy in the front with the 300 TDi.

I'm using the Extra HD OME springs w/ a 200TDI in my RRC and they've worked really well.

frank84

Observer
IMG_0339.jpgIMG_0340.jpg

Hey Scott - do any work on the disco in the last year or so? Still driving it regularly?

This past weekend I decided to start trying to resurrect my dad's white, auto '95 DI and just finished reading through this thread for some inspiration. It has mostly sat for the last 2-3 years so step one was a good wash. The long term issue with the truck is rust since it has lived in the Northeast, but it isn't terminal in my opinion. The immediate issue is that it barely runs some days and doesn't run at all others. There's also a mile long list of smaller projects to tackle on it. This will be a long term project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior