Overland Expo West 2015

P40Wolf

Overlander
Me too

I will be driving up from Phoenix in my 2002 Jeep Brute, so I will keep my eyes open for travelers on the way.

Yetters

Is your Brute blue? I may have seen it at the meet and greet at In and Out in February. I used to live about a block from their shop back home.

In other news, yes, I am planning on heading up at least one day, two and camp if i can manage it. Just have to see about funds/time/that life thing that happens.

Yetters

Wonder whats around that
Is your Brute blue? I may have seen it at the meet and greet at In and Out in February. I used to live about a block from their shop back home.

No, it's black for the moment, have to get the mods done as well as the Diesel engine installed and then it will be white.

Yetters

Yetters

Wonder whats around that
Beast

I have a lovely campsite at the Little America Inn, but I am shopping for bed warmer at this time.

Yetters

Sleam

Explorer
So, it looks like I'll be driving on Hwy 60 the southern route from near Alb in the 72 Land Rover, taking it slow and camping near Eager, AZ on Thursday night. I'm a tad nervous though as this wonderful vehicle has been somewhat irresponsible in the past. If we break down - can I get in touch with any of you mechanically minded folks? Do you know anyone within that area who could help or who you recommend?
To be honest all the previous issues have been addressed but I haven't done a long trip since then so i'm worried but doing it any way!
s

P40Wolf

Overlander
So, it looks like I'll be driving on Hwy 60 the southern route from near Alb in the 72 Land Rover, taking it slow and camping near Eager, AZ on Thursday night. I'm a tad nervous though as this wonderful vehicle has been somewhat irresponsible in the past. If we break down - can I get in touch with any of you mechanically minded folks? Do you know anyone within that area who could help or who you recommend?
To be honest all the previous issues have been addressed but I haven't done a long trip since then so i'm worried but doing it any way!
s

If you need any help, let me know. Old LRs are simple enough, and any help to a fellow over lander. I'm going to try to go up Friday/Saturday from Mesa, but I'll caravan with anyone if they want.

Sleam

Explorer
If you need any help, let me know. Old LRs are simple enough, and any help to a fellow over lander. I'm going to try to go up Friday/Saturday from Mesa, but I'll caravan with anyone if they want.

Thanks, more than anything it's knowing there are people out there on my side! I'll pm my number. I'll be in the Eager, AZ area on Thursday and heading up to Dairy Springs Campsite from there if you want to caravan? It's off your route though I guess! Well, you'll see us up there I hope.

bearman512

Adventurer
s

Sleam our plans have changed and we might be able to meet up with you in Socorro. Give me a time and I will let you know. I know enough about Rovers to be dangerous LOL and I will have all the tools necessary to fix on the road.

Sleam

Explorer
Sleam our plans have changed and we might be able to meet up with you in Socorro. Give me a time and I will let you know. I know enough about Rovers to be dangerous LOL and I will have all the tools necessary to fix on the road.

What about Thursday lunch time? The dogs will need to stretch their legs if nothing else! And thanks by the way, that's a great offer!

bearman512

Adventurer
What about Thursday lunch time? The dogs will need to stretch their legs if nothing else! And thanks by the way, that's a great offer!

Hi Sarah,
I think noon is a good time, I have to discuss with my better half and see what she wants to do.
We originally where leaving Monday and spend a few days near Sedona as Renata my wife loves to visit the vortex's but we decided to cancel the whole thing and then of course I see your post and get the fever to go to the Expo again.

Where you planning on a weekend pass for camping and return Sunday or Monday?

If you think you might have issues I would recommend installing a tow bar as that can get you out of trouble very easily.
I might be flat towing my Jeep with the truck and camper but since this is just a weekend event we might just drive the Jeep with the RT.
If you can get the mounts installed on your bumper I have a universal tow bar that I carry and we can use it if you have troubles.

BEAR

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
s

Sarah,

We have a raft of people on the Expo staff who live and breathe old Land Rovers, including all the ex-Camel Trophy team members. Probably enough to just pick up your Series and carry it . . .

Email or PM me and we'll make sure you have contact information.

Sleam

Explorer
Sarah,

We have a raft of people on the Expo staff who live and breathe old Land Rovers, including all the ex-Camel Trophy team members. Probably enough to just pick up your Series and carry it . . .

Email or PM me and we'll make sure you have contact information.

I'm in love with already! Okay, maybe that's an exageration but I really appreciate this. I just sent a message, thanks again,
s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles