SE Expedition Society
Learning things from Bruce Elfstrom:

668_crop.jpg

654_crop.jpg

697.jpg

817.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
Pat Bonish wrote, "I was talking to one guy who said he pulled up to the EXPO, parked and spent his first two hours in the campground before he even realized he wasn't at the real show."

That says it all -- A quality show, with friendly, experienced attendees.
This event will be hard to top next year, but I'm sure the staff is already
thinking about how to add to the experience.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
What's the story with that water can mount on the bumper? Anyone have beter pics of it?

That is the "Company Cruiser" my 80 series. The rear ladder and can carrier was fabbed by Andy at Mudrak Custom Cruisers, and has a CampaUSA stainless can carrier box on a hinged, drop down platform next to the ladder. The bumper is Kaymar, as is the spare tire carrier.

nickt

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0009
OMG, as the proud owner of CT47 from '98, that just hurts! And how come every time I ask U-Haul for a trailer for a Land Rover they tell me it's forbidden? :)

What surprised me was how many rigs, not just this Camel 110, were trailered in. Somehow contradicts the Overlanding theme.
ArizonaApril2010012.jpg

Anyway, my biggest issue this year was I needed two more days to get to catch-up with everyone, see everything and meet more new friends. I had a great time; was it just me or was everyone really, really happy? Even before happy hour?

I had a few minutes to write down my thoughts, and I'd like to say a big thanks to Roseann, Graham and all the staff. Sounds like 2011 is going to be bigger and better. See you there.

And for those of you who know what I'm talking about, I'll bring more scotch next year (ran out on day 1!).

Cheers,
Nick.

gabepari

Explorer
That's just too funny. I bet Scott will catching some grief over this one. :elkgrin:

And Stephanie, I know you just posed for that shot and in real life, Scott does all the floor cleaning.
:elkgrin:

Those are not just props... I actually watched Stephanie clean that floor while I was eating my Kellog's Corn Pops :sombrero:

Gabe

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
OMG, as the proud owner of CT47 from '98, that just hurts! And how come every time I ask U-Haul for a trailer for a Land Rover they tell me it's forbidden? :)

Cheers,
Nick.
You see; even U-Haul thinks you should drive that beauty instead of putting her on a trailer :elkgrin: All kidding aside, I fully understand that a genuine CT 110 is a collectors item - it was just the nicest combo to take a pic of. A Sportsmobile as tow rig with a real Camel on a trailer; does hardly get any better than that.

What I was referring to were several JK and TJ being put on trailers Sunday early afternoon, some of them being vendors vehicles, some just regular Jeeps. So how much of an overland vehicle is it if it is not suited to drive to the Overland Expo.

Just rambling

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
What I was referring to were several JK and TJ being put on trailers Sunday early afternoon, some of them being vendors vehicles, some just regular Jeeps. So how much of an overland vehicle is it if it is not suited to drive to the Overland Expo.

Just rambling

What you were probably seeing (other than vendor vehicles), are folks that wanted their jeep (or other vehicle) there for the training classes, but didn't want to live out of it for the weekend.

I did exactly that. I towed my motorcycle down (along with 5 other motorcycles, for different people), because I was using it for the classes, but I wanted a few creature comforts that the motorcycle doesn't afford (like a queen sized bed and refrigerator) that the FWC does.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
What you were probably seeing (other than vendor vehicles), are folks that wanted their jeep (or other vehicle) there for the training classes, but didn't want to live out of it for the weekend.

I did exactly that. I towed my motorcycle down (along with 5 other motorcycles, for different people), because I was using it for the classes, but I wanted a few creature comforts that the motorcycle doesn't afford (like a queen sized bed and refrigerator) that the FWC does.
I have a fellow Iron Butt friend that often brings a "spare" to ride around at event venues too.

spare.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
OMG!! This is probably one of my favorite shots from the entire event:elkgrin: Too Funny because I wondered how the floor stayed so shiny each day with all the dust and dirt being tracked around
She didn't even break a sweat. And look at that smile!
I'm tellin' ya, spokesmodel material. Lemon Pledge should send her a check right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94