Overland Expo Events for 2015!

Expedition Portal would like to thank the Overland Expo for their continued support of our online community and for their support of the overlanding community worldwide. The Overland Expo event that started six years ago has now grown into two events, providing both sides of the United States with access to a great weekend of fun and training! We're looking forward to the 2015 events, we'll be at both WEST and EAST with a booth for Overland Journal and Expedition Portal! Here are some details:

OX15_Colorado_TontoTrails.jpg

"Overland Expo is the world's most unique event for do-it-yourself adventure travel
enthusiasts, with hundreds of session-hours of classes for four-wheel-drive and adventure
motorcycling, inspirational programs, the Overland Film Festival, roundtable discussions,
demonstrations, food, and a large expo featuring nearly 200 vendors of adventure travel
equipment, camping gear, bikes, vehicles, and services.

Overland Expo WEST
May 15-17, 2015 Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Overland Expo EAST
October 2-4, 2015 Asheville, NC, USA

No other event offers the scope of classes taught by the world's leading experts alongside a
professional-level trade show, bringing together in one place all the camping and vehicle and
motorcycle equipment and services adventure enthusiasts need to get outfitted and get going.
Attendance options for both EAST and WEST:

Overland Experience package, with unlimited class access, exclusive premium and
advanced modules, access to the exhibitor show, free camping, hosted happy hours,
a custom-made kit bag, and a finale dinner on Sunday. (Priced from $285 for the whole weekend, single person)

Weekend Pass (with and without camping options), with access to the exhibitor show,
dozens of slide shows, demos, and roundtable discussions, and no-host attendance at social events
such as the happy hours. Our private campground is open to Weekend Pass holders only.
(Priced from $55 for the whole weekend, single person, without camping or camping can be added for an additional fee)

One-Day Pass, with access to the exhibitor show, dozens of slide shows, demos,
and roundtable discussions, and no-host attendance at social events such as the happy hours.
Camping is not available for single-day attendees.

For more information visit www.OverlandExpo.com | 877-393-2230 | info@overlandexpo.com"

OX15_Asia_MotoQuest.jpg

Attachments

• OX15_Bolivia_AlisonsWanderland.jpg
    OX15_Bolivia_AlisonsWanderland.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 30
  • OX15_California_Fox.jpg
    OX15_California_Fox.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 30
  • OX15_ContDiv3_ExploringOverlan.jpg
    OX15_ContDiv3_ExploringOverlan.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 28
  • OX15_ContDiv4_ExploringOverland.jpg
    OX15_ContDiv4_ExploringOverland.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 30
  • OX15_ContDivideX4_ExploringOverland.jpg
    OX15_ContDivideX4_ExploringOverland.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 23

Chili

Explorer
Hopefully it will keep growing until they have a "Central" event. 😀

Seriously though, I probably just need to quit being cheap and stingy with my vacation time, and hit one of these this year.

DzlToy

Explorer
^^ no question there, hit the west coast show. It's definitely worth the trip from the east coast, so you are already half way there :D

xmadcowx

Just a heads up for the east expo group. The Foo Fighters US tour is closing up in the area around the time of the Expo. Worth checking out if you are a fan and in the area.

DzlToy

Explorer
I defiantly seconded the "Central" event!!! East or West is a long drive for me.

I have :smiley_drive: from Georgia to the Arizona show twice and :wings: once. Only thing left is :bike_rider: So, your excuse doesn't hold any water with me, sir :sombrero:

A road trip to the Asheville show was a bit closer, but being in Texas, you could easily do both. If you must choose, go to the AZ show in May. It is well worth the trip. Flagstaff is a cool town and there is so much to do in that part of the country if you have any extra time for camping, hiking, exploring, etc. (on the way or side trip)

jpeaslee

Just a heads up for the east expo group. The Foo Fighters US tour is closing up in the area around the time of the Expo. Worth checking out if you are a fan and in the area.

I just got my cousin on board for the Expo and brother (and possibly dad... dude is pretty cool geezer) on board to be serenaded by Dave Grohl on the way back to South Georgia... I'm pumped.

Doc Foster

Adventurer
I had planned on going, but I could not make it due to a family reunion. How bad were the conditions there? Haven't seen anyone post any pics, videos, or reports yet? Unless I missed them somewhere?

DzlToy

Explorer
Event completely shut down on SAT AM. No vehicles in or out. If you parked on the road, you got towed off. My hiking boots and lower pants legs were completely covered in muck, probably 3-4 inches deep or more in many places. This was not a little bit of mud on a dirt road or some wet grass. I am not sure it was as bad as OvEx West in May, but damn close.

I would be surprised if the land owner allows them to return. I would not if I were him. That property has been destroyed two years in a row by that event. You can probably fix the roads relatively easy, once they dry out, but the grass and/or landscaped areas were pretty rough in a few places due to foot traffic and vendors parking on a rolling/hilly area to set up their booths/tents. The same goes for the camping area, which was flooded in a few places and people coming in were told they were not allowed to camp or park on site, even with 4WD.

Not much to see really IMO. You could have walked through all of the vendor booths in 1-2 hours easily. The rain was just relentless in the area for 5-7 days depending on where you were. You picked a good one to miss.

TAGcaver

It was a mess by the time it was all over. I talked to a couple of guys that work for Taylor Ranch (the event host) and they have events there all the time that damage the property. He said they just run the cutting harrow over the bad spots (quite a few acres in this case) and sow more grass seed.

High Center

Adventurer
We had a great time. It was wet and there was mud...everywhere.... but it was a blast. I spoke with Mr. Ted Simon and had him sign my copy of THE BOOK, drove a brand new Range Rover through mud that would scare a Jeep :ylsmoke:(instructed by a former Camel Trophy guy), made several good contacts for work, saw as many cool rigs as I would ever have a right to, shook hands with a forum friend and spent three great days with my son.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94