Overland Expo East 2016 Roll Call

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Looks like my schedule will now allow me to attend. Not sure if I'll be able to bring the JK Safari Camper, the JKU is my wife's daily driver and she won't be making this trip so I might have to drive something else.

RTTFinal6_zpsyoyxa4jz.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
Looks like my schedule will now allow me to attend. Not sure if I'll be able to bring the JK Safari Camper, the JKU is my wife's daily driver and she won't be making this trip so I might have to drive something else.

RTTFinal6_zpsyoyxa4jz.jpg

Oh wow Jeff that is awesome news. Give me a ring when you get there. We will be showing up around the time it opens on Thursday. Safe Travels.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Oh wow Jeff that is awesome news. Give me a ring when you get there. We will be showing up around the time it opens on Thursday. Safe Travels.

Will do. If it does work out that I can be there, it'll probably only be for Saturday, arriving mid-morning.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
This should be a great experience. I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I was able to get all of the classes I signed up for, so I'm getting excited.....

SamM

Adventurer
Unless something crazy happens, I'll be there. Registered and ready to go.

SamM

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Last edited:

jkilgore11

Adventurer
We will be there, but taking the truck and FWC. After last year's torrential rain and the RTT, we are going for comfort. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Redman333

Adventurer
I will be there on my own just for Sat only. It went from me the old lady and our 5 month old son camping out, then changed to all of us going and getting a hotel because the little one is sick. Now its just me and her and the little one are doing something with her family so I'm jut heading out for the day. Oh well. If you see me pull in though say hi, I'm always up for meeting like minded individuals.

This also partially why my better half isn't coming this year. We had a rough time getting into the show last year and ended up having to walk for a few miles due to parking issues(We didn't bring the 4X4 that day). Also left some rain gear in the car because we weren't entirely sure we were even going to be let in the show because after we had parked miles away we had heard they were closing the gate. So it wasn't the most enjoyable trip. This is one of the few smiles I got from her that day and it was because Clay from expedition overland let her sit in the 4runner with the heat blasting and the heated seats on.

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Am I missing something? I went online to buy my one-day pass, which supposedly is $25, and $67.80 got added to the cart for one ticket. So it's not really $25 because you have to pay the entrance fee to the event PLUS the entrance fee to the Biltmore Estate?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Am I missing something? I went online to buy my one-day pass, which supposedly is $25, and $67.80 got added to the cart for one ticket. So it's not really $25 because you have to pay the entrance fee to the event PLUS the entrance fee to the Biltmore Estate?

Yeahhhh. It's kind of somewhere in the fine print category.

jwilson2598

Adventurer
Yeah, it's in there, but you have to hunt. That's actually a discounted price, normally it's more like $75 for a day pass on a weekend in fall there.

Redman333

Adventurer
Yeah, it's in there, but you have to hunt. That's actually a discounted price, normally it's more like $75 for a day pass on a weekend in fall there.

It's actually not that much if you buy your tickets 7 days in advance. It's $50 or $45 depending on the day of the week you order and then if you buy the very next day also it's $15 so you can actually save a bit of money buying the tickets directly from the Biltmore house depending on when you and how you are going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgreening

Expedition Leader
It's actually not that much if you buy your tickets 7 days in advance. It's $50 or $45 depending on the day of the week you order and then if you buy the very next day also it's $15 so you can actually save a bit of money buying the tickets directly from the Biltmore house depending on when you and how you are going.

That's only if you have any real interest in the estate to begin with, and I'm not real keen on being forced into something. I'd already made up my mind to go when this little detail became widely known so I did "choose" but to be honest, unless something spectacular happens like a hookup with a vacationing Jennifer Lawrence, I'll probably not do it again.

Redman333

Adventurer
That's only if you have any real interest in the estate to begin with, and I'm not real keen on being forced into something. I'd already made up my mind to go when this little detail became widely known so I did "choose" but to be honest, unless something spectacular happens like a hookup with a vacationing Jennifer Lawrence, I'll probably not do it again.

Yeah I was a bit sour about this at first also but ive decided it's not a big deal because I really enjoy the event. To me it's worth the $65 a day or whatever it ends up being even if you never go to Biltmore. So everyone will have to decide whether it's worth it to them or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier