Overland Expo East '16 : Group Gear Swap (Asheville, NC)

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Feel free to post anything that you're wishing to get rid of and willing to bring to Expo East. If possible, please mention your route in case you will be passing through the neighborhood of other members on the forum and you're willing to make a pit stop. It would also be helpful if you could mention your rough schedule, as it will be a busy weekend and it may be beneficial to buyer and seller to meet before or after the main events.

I am going through our stuff to see what I can part with, for now this is what I have for sale:

Coleman Exponent Dual Fuel Lantern - $40
This is a pretty sweet little lantern, runs on gasoline and white gas. We've used this for years and it survived 2 years on the PanAm. Never had an issue and we never had to deal with trying to find propane in different countries. Comes with a plastic carrying case, pump rebuild kit, several mantles and a jug of Coleman fuel. It's in great shape, especially considering what it's been through. Only downside of these is having to rebuild pressure and pump the fuel every hour or so, but it never bothered me and there's something timeless about the old dual fuel stoves and lanterns. Think of it as "expedition exercise" so you can burn calories while you drink beer.

Pacsafe 85L Anti-Theft Backpack & Bag protector - $20
Looks like new, never ended up pulling it out of the carrying case to use it.

Brunton Foldable Compact Solar Panel Charger - $5
Picked this up at an REI garage sale. I've never tried to charge anything with it, but I just left it out in the sun for a few minutes and the green light next to the USB connection turned on so I can only assume it works. I can test it with my phone if you're interested.

Vehicle-Dependent Expedition Guide, 2nd Edition 2.1 - SOLD
by Tom Sheppard
In good enough shape to be on your coffee table, with a few minor blemishes. This is the paperback field manual. An invaluable resource with tons of great information that served as a solid reference for us.

Book: Wide-Eyed Wanderers (Autographed copy) $5
"A befuddling journey from the rat-race to the roads of Latin America & Africa"
By Richard Ligato & Amanda Bejarano-Ligato
In decent enough shape for a book that spent several months in the back of a dusty 4Runner being driven to Tierra del Fuego

For any of the above items, I will be available before and after the event since I live near Asheville...which means I will not be "passing thru" your neck of the woods. I will be "camping" onsite, most likely Thursday night through Monday morning. Shouldn't be able to miss us, since we're usually the only red 1st Gen 4Runner in attendance. PM me for cell number

Now someone please list something that I need for a good price :coffeedrink:

Last edited:

Scoutman

Explorer
I have an OD green Trasharoo in excellent condition that I would like to trade for a black one of similar condition. It's been stored in the garage when not in use and has only been used twice to store things like sleeping bags and bulky stuff (no trash).

Our plan is to arrive Thursday afternoon and will stay till Sunday. Camping on site, rig in signature. PM for cell#.

Srpat

Observer
ARB remote fridge monitor, Icon coilovers, and Eibach springs

I will be bringing my ARB remote fridge monitor if anybody is interested. Did not work on my fridge since mine does not have the external port to make the connection. $40.

If anybody sends me a message ahead of time I can also bring my Icon regular travel non-remote resi coilovers for a 2005-11 tacoma. $1200 new, possibly needs rebuilding for $125 each plus shipping at Icon. 3 years old with some signs of rust on coils. Selling for $350 but do not want to bring them unless someone plans on buying them.

Also have a set of Eibach coil springs new in box that might work with the Icons. Selling for $75.

Message me if interested or if you want pictures.

Fritzoc

Observer
Have a stock 2014 Jeep Jk rear bumper. Excellent condition. $100
Jeep JKU sport (max tow package) shocks and springs. Taken off at 10,000 miles. All on paved-road miles. $200
Arriving Thursday, likely leaving Monday. Coming from Louisville, KY.

Petey

I have a few Misc items taking up space that i can bring with me if anyone is interested. Ill be traveling along I40 pretty much the entire way from SW Oklahoma if anyone wanted to meet up along the route.

Pelican 1750 (large rifle case) missing 1 of the 3 foam pieces, holds whatever weapon you put in there just fine, the third foam piece is only necessary if you wanted to cut specific slot into it for items. This one has some substantial use behind it and it shows with various scrapes on the outside of the case. $125

Pelican 1660 (Very large rectangular case) In really good shape, used condition, has no foam. I used to store sleeping bags (family of 4) (2) air mattresses, a large tarp and tent inside of it no problem.$150

Pelican 1520 (Large suitcase style) In really good shape, used condition, has no foam. $75

Surefire M962 SureFire M962 LED WeaponLight Kit. Brand new, never been used has no batteries, but has an additional bulb. Retails new for $1100, regularly available for ~400, Im looking for $300

2012Taco

AlumEscape
Feel free to post anything that you're wishing to get rid of and willing to bring to Expo East. If possible, please mention your route in case you will be passing through the neighborhood of other members on the forum and you're willing to make a pit stop. It would also be helpful if you could mention your rough schedule, as it will be a busy weekend and it may be beneficial to buyer and seller to meet before or after the main events.

I am going through our stuff to see what I can part with, for now this is what I have for sale:

Coleman Exponent Dual Fuel Lantern - $40
This is a pretty sweet little lantern, runs on gasoline and white gas. We've used this for years and it survived 2 years on the PanAm. Never had an issue and we never had to deal with trying to find propane in different countries. Comes with a plastic carrying case, pump rebuild kit, several mantles and a jug of Coleman fuel. It's in great shape, especially considering what it's been through. Only downside of these is having to rebuild pressure and pump the fuel every hour or so, but it never bothered me and there's something timeless about the old dual fuel stoves and lanterns. Think of it as "expedition exercise" so you can burn calories while you drink beer.

Pacsafe 85L Anti-Theft Backpack & Bag protector - $20
Looks like new, never ended up pulling it out of the carrying case to use it.

Brunton Foldable Compact Solar Panel Charger - $5
Picked this up at an REI garage sale. I've never tried to charge anything with it, but I just left it out in the sun for a few minutes and the green light next to the USB connection turned on so I can only assume it works. I can test it with my phone if you're interested.

Vehicle-Dependent Expedition Guide, 2nd Edition 2.1 - $40
by Tom Sheppard
In good enough shape to be on your coffee table, with a few minor blemishes. This is the paperback field manual. An invaluable resource with tons of great information that served as a solid reference for us.

Book: Wide-Eyed Wanderers (Autographed copy) $5
"A befuddling journey from the rat-race to the roads of Latin America & Africa"
By Richard Ligato & Amanda Bejarano-Ligato
In decent enough shape for a book that spent several months in the back of a dusty 4Runner being driven to Tierra del Fuego

For any of the above items, I will be available before and after the event since I live near Asheville...which means I will not be "passing thru" your neck of the woods. I will be "camping" onsite, most likely Thursday night through Monday morning. Shouldn't be able to miss us, since we're usually the only red 1st Gen 4Runner in attendance. PM me for cell number

Now someone please list something that I need for a good price :coffeedrink:

I'd love to take the Vehicle-Dependent Expedition Guide, 2nd Edition 2.1 off your hands. I haven't nailed down schedule details just yet but plan to roll in early afternoon on 10/6 and will be camping onsite through Sunday. Perhaps sometime Thursday evening once all set up? Hard to miss too, DIY teardrop with bike and Taco.
IMG_5525_zpsouuikt63.jpg

:beer:

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Got a few things I can get rid of.

-Annex for CVT Mt. Bachelor rooftop tent. Came with the tent, never used it. Make me an offer. *Spoken for by Eddie*
-Brand new factory 18" wheels for a Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon. These came from the dealership with my dad's truck but he doesn't want them. I actually tried to be proactive and posted them to craigslist! http://asheville.craigslist.org/wto/5798249691.html
-Cargo cover for a Ford CMAX (should fit any year CMAX). Came with my mom's car but she doesn't use it. Brand new, make me an offer.
-PIAA light cages (plastic), came with my PIAA fog lights. Make me an offer.
-Rotopax 2-gallon gasoline canister, used make me an offer.
-OEM muffler from my 2012 Subaru Impreza. Make me an offer (get it out of my garage).

I can definitely get pictures of everything here. Just wanted to throw it out there to gauge interest first.

Route will be as follows:

Depart MI on 10/6 for PA, then WV.
Depart WV for NC on 10/7.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

4Rocker

Observer
I would like to sell a Beaver Tree Camp Kitchen. This very rare camp kitchen holds all of your cooking pots, pans, utensils, and stove. The top flips open to provide a flat surface for a stove and the lid can be detached to serve as a wash basin. $100.

I also have a Vintage Coleman camp stove for sale. Built like a tank. Runs off of white gas and fits great in a Beaver Tree camp kitchen. $20.

PM me if interested. I will be leaving for the expo early on Thurs 10/6 from the Cincinnati area.

KEENO

Adventurer
Serengeti Junior Safari Gazebo

Serengeti Junior Safari Gazebo
jnr-gazebo.jpg

Specifications
Dimensions 9'L x 11'W x 7'H
Frame 20mm Steel Tubing
Material Heavy duty water proof rip stop canvas
Color Olive
http://www.equipt1.com/item/junior-safari-gazebo

Purchased new from Paul at Equipt in May 2015, as a kitchen galley shelter for use with the Moby1 Trailer that was never produced after a years wait.
Never used, seriously... Never used, like new 'in bag' condition.:sombrero:
Paid MSRP $360.00, asking $180 cash at Overland Expo East.
KEENO
Will be camping with my SoCal Krawler Teardrop Rig.

Attachments

• rsz_krawler_american_basin.jpg
    rsz_krawler_american_basin.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 142

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke