Overland Expo: Cool Ride Contest

TeriAnn

Explorer
I have a horse in the race: the white LR3. Some other very awesome rigs and unlikely I could win, but I would donate the winnings to: Doctors Without Borders if I ever did. Thanks for the support!

First prize is a certificate for $500 worth of gear to be purchased from expo vendors on the last day of the expo. I'm not sure how a little gear would be used by Drs Without Borders. Other prizes are basically T-shirts and expo decals.

Anyway I also have a truck in the contest, my 1960 Land Rover Dormobile that I have owned and traveled in for the past 38 years.
http://www.overlandexpo.com/coolride/2016/9/6/the-green-rover

The voting is set up so you can only vote once. I would like your vote because I'm on a shoestring budget and most of my surviving recovery gear is over 35 years old. It would be nice to renew some of it. Besides I think it is a cool overland travel vehicle with LOTS of trips behind it.

I'm being outvoted by a vanilla looking 2005 Toyota 4Runner with a roof top tent. He is doing a better job than I am at going to various forums and begging for votes. So I thought I had better up my game.

I would very much appreciate you going to the web page with my entry and voting for the 56 year old 1960 Land Rover Dormobile. How is a 2005 vanilla Toyota 4Runner a cooler overland travel vehicle than a Series Land Rover Dormobile with decades of overland travels in its history???

I would very much appreciate your vote.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Haha TeriAnn - I have wondered how great the 4Runner is at social media.... I was third last time I looked but 200 votes behind you two.

TeriAnn

Explorer
Haha TeriAnn - I have wondered how great the 4Runner is at social media.... I was third last time I looked but 200 votes behind you two.

He appears to be much better at it than I am. I just do two email lists and a half dozen forums. I'm beginning to see the advantage of being on social media, which I have pretty much ignored. Though a friend mentioned that he thought it was the dog vote and that I should have included a picture of my wolfhound in my picture collage. I assumed that pictures of my truck on various trips and of the rear interior would do the job. I have been traveling in that truck for 38 years & have a bunch of pictures from all over North America.

There are some really nice trucks in the contest and social media must be the answer to a vanilla 2005 4Runner being out in front. But it sure would be nice to replace some of that old recovery gear. Even my winch died year before last. It was on my truck since new in 1960. Or so I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94