Overland Expo 2015 to Utah Lockhart and more....

unkamonkey

Explorer
We drove Lockhart basin a few years ago but we started at Indian Creek and came back on the highway. The trailer was mostly intact then. Missed the plane crash site. There is a landing strip out in that area. Nice thunderstorm on the way back to camp. I think I removed as much moisture from the inside of my 3B windshield as the wipers were doing on the outside. When we got back to camp a friend decided that he should move his tent a leeetle bit further from the creek and as you know about desert storms, about 8:00 AM the water started rising fast in the creek. A long days drive.
Oh there is a least 5 ruins there at Indian creek. Some are easy to spot, some aren't.

Last edited:

dieselfuel

Adventurer
nice write up Lance. it was cool meeting you at Expo, i wish my trip involved a detour on the way home. i love your suburban man!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Howdy Sir,
I am glad I got you see your Burb rolling out of Expo, that thing is mean looking on 35's....oh if only I could squeeze that much meat under my wheel wells without any more lift.

You are blessed with the Arizona Strip and more near you, looking forward to getting up your way for some play maybe in the fall.

enjoy

dieselfuel

Adventurer
Howdy Sir,
I am glad I got you see your Burb rolling out of Expo, that thing is mean looking on 35's....oh if only I could squeeze that much meat under my wheel wells without any more lift.

You are blessed with the Arizona Strip and more near you, looking forward to getting up your way for some play maybe in the fall.

enjoy

I haven't gotten out into the strip much, I'd like to sometime. Let me know if you plan something up this way.

justcuz

Explorer
Ditto that. Last time we went out Main St to St George. Next time I want to go straight to Toroweep, then back out past the schoolhouse, over Mud Mt. and over to the Sevanic Mine area. Catch Devils Throat on the way out.

dizzyspots

Adventurer
Lance... thanks for the memories...memories of southern AZ...Redington Pass..AZFJ and Baja glad to see your still out there best wishes my friend!!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Mike my friend...
great to see you here on expo.
I actually had a nursing student that knows you from the Ambo world down south :)

We gotta get together for another Baja blast my friend.

boyfester

Observer
Awesome pictures and write-up! Did anyone jump in that pool of water? Just wondering how deep it was. I've been wanting to drive Lockhart but haven't had the opportunity. I have an extra camping permit that I purchased along the White Rim Trail that I didn't use this past June that I can use later in the year. Sure would be fun to hit the WRT again and then do Lockhart? Any interested parties?

Marc

loren85022

Explorer
Nice report, Lance. Your photos have excellent composition and support your writing well but oddly a few arent as sharp as I'd expect. I dont think its the human-interface either. Is the camera as old as the 'Burb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles