Overland Expo 2014 Pictures

Aaron Wasson

In the rear with the gear
I changed my tickets to East this year, so I didn't get to go. Anyone have their pictures ready? Im jonesing to see them!

Aaron Wasson

In the rear with the gear
Thanks!

I needed my fix for the week.

I'm curious what this is going to cost. Haven't seen it on their website yet.

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
That's the Pronghorn Overland Taco bumper, they haven't released a price yet but the JK version is a not-inexpensive $1300 to start, up to $2600 fully outfitted. I'd say the Tacoma will start at $1500+

jeverich

Luddite
That's the Pronghorn Overland Taco bumper, they haven't released a price yet but the JK version is a not-inexpensive $1300 to start, up to $2600 fully outfitted. I'd say the Tacoma will start at $1500+

That's insane.

A novice welder could fabricate that for $200...

Steel tube and a bunch of bolts.

They didn't even blend the weld on the lower seam..

Ramjet

Explorer
The Pronghorn bumper is made of aluminum and weighs about 40 lbs and it is modular. It's also made in USA.

jeverich

Luddite
I wonder who'd want to share pics of their beloved rigs after such comments?

If that's a roundabout way of asking me to show what my truck looks like...

HZpqDY5.jpg

DSC_0375_zpse3f93632.jpg

Just finally sent the rear to powdercoat; the cross-cross-country drive was hell on primered steel..

I suppose I'm just not a huge fan of the "modular" construction. I feel as though bolts on a bumper make it look cheap. Again, just my sentiment. Like I said, it's a free country.

Last edited:
Jake I was not impressed with the Pronghorn bumper either and I seen it in person. But like you said "its a free country". I didn't know it was that spendy either.

What was impressive was was driving in along the ridge and seeing how big Expo has grown since the second one held in Tucsan (my first time).

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
To each his own, right? I loved the Pronghorn bumper, but want to see the finished product. In part, I loved that it was different from everything else out there. I'm not sure about all of the modular features, but the variety of recovery point options is fantastic.

Sent via fat thumb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles