Overland Expo 2013: Post Your Stories, Images, and Experiences Here! (Official)

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
So, in summary... breaking out of my hermit shell and meeting up with other overlanders (The Rendzevous Conspiracy/ American Adventurists) ended up breaking my awning, allowing me to make new friends (from all over the world), restore my faith in superb customer service and bore you all to death who just took the time to read this!

That was actually a GREAT read! Thank you for sharing.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
That was actually a GREAT read! Thank you for sharing.

THANKS!! I just want everyone to know the kind of stand-up guys that Paul and Jess are. I've always stood by their products and now I can add integrity, customer service, humanity and downright "coolness" to THAT!! SOME people in the industry have a sort of rock-star status and act like they're doing you a favor by talking to you or letting you buy their goods. I'd never trash anyone by mentiong names, they know who they are and I'm sure everyone has dealt with someone like that before.

F5driver

Adventurer
THANKS!! I just want everyone to know the kind of stand-up guys that Paul and Jess are. I've always stood by their products and now I can add integrity, customer service, humanity and downright "coolness" to THAT!! SOME people in the industry have a sort of rock-star status and act like they're doing you a favor by talking to you or letting you buy their goods. I'd never trash anyone by mentiong names, they know who they are and I'm sure everyone has dealt with someone like that before.
Great write up Gunny. And you have a world class rig in that Jeep.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Great write up Gunny. And you have a world class rig in that Jeep.

Thanks F5driver! It's been really fun piecing it together over the past year and a half. The vast majority of it is from things I purchased from fellow members here on ExPo. So, in essence it's a TRUE ExPo rig. :victory::safari-rig:

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Come and see that presentation next year. Diplostrat will do a much better job with the material. Plus, he actually knows how to play the guitar. :)

I am very grateful to Doug for his generous praise. I do, however, fear that he may have set the bar a bit too high for next year; assuming that I actually have a truck by then.

The "Know Before You Go" handout is available as a Word document. Send me an e-mail and, after reading it, your comments.

It was my first time and I really enjoyed myself. But got to say that they need way better signs on where all the classes are located. I have a nicely modified 4Runner but flew out instead of driving from PA. I found a local dealer to rent me a stock 4Runner which I used to take some of the advanced driving classes.

I won't post pics of the same stuff as everybody else but here are some others including some sight seeing side trips.....

GrandCayon55_zps07d7b06a.jpg

Sedona4_zps55df9393.jpg

Sedona23_zpsecc7e803.jpg

SedonaSchneblyHillRoad3_zpsaa826c2b.jpg

SedonaSchneblyHillRoad11_zpsb5a80613.jpg

SedonaSchneblyHillRoad15_zps9e23ca00.jpg

SedonaSchneblyHillRoad38_zps6609551e.jpg

SedonaSchneblyHillRoad49_zpsd88708bd.jpg

I've heard from a few that THE NUT IN THE RENTAL was the talk of some camps. :safari-rig:

dra2120

^^^
I don't know exactly what it was but i know that a bunch of people were sleeping in it, I would usually see them climbing out of the tents on the top in the morning. Maybe it was the raw hyde crews sleeping quarters and was towed by their behemoth chevy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles