Overland Expo 2013: Post Your Stories, Images, and Experiences Here! (Official)

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Once again overlanders from all over the world are setting their sights on Mormon Lake, just outside of Flagstaff, Arizona for the 2013 Overland Expo. With over 100 vendors, hoardes of feature vehicles, and countless on-the-road overlanders, this year promises to be even larger than last year's record-breaking event.

Dozens of classes, seminars, demonstrations and roundtable discussions are sure to get you trained—and inspired— to hit the road and start traveling.

The environmentally-friendly Overland Expo is organized by Conserventures, founded by Jonathan and Roseann Hanson, a portion of the profits from the event fund their charity which works to promote conservation through exploration.

For more details on the event, visit overlandexpo.com

winthis.jpg

If you're at Overland Expo 2013, three contributors from this thread will be chosen to get some free Expedition Portal and Overland Journal swag. Combined with the other 2 (Official) Overland Expo 2013 threads, nine total contributors will have a chance to win a brand-new Axial SCX-10 Trail Honcho RTR Remote Control Rock Crawler.

You can read the full-on nitty gritty details here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/news/2134-overland-expo-2013-share-your-stories-win-cool-stuff.html

We encourage the Expedition Portal community to contibute to this thread—having missed the first few years of the event, I know how valuble the stories, images, and experiences members post can be to those who can't make the event.

Last edited:

jonharis

This event was one of the highlights for me last year and I regret that I won't be able to attend this year. For those on the fence, just do it! It's an incredible gathering of people, gear, vehicles, classes and some great opportunities to make new friends with the same mindset. Stories around the camp fire in the evening make for some great life memories. Mormon Lake is a perfect venue and the improvements to the location including the driving course are sure to bring it to the next level. Jonathan and Conserventures has done a great job organizing what is sure to be the best one yet!

Scott Brady

Founder
A quick walk around the Overland Journal parking lot. Just a few vehicles that will be at the Overland Expo. We are all getting pretty excited and looking forward to seeing everyone there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573285.723487.jpg
The Equipt 4Runner project. Equipt will have a full booth with squillions of goodies.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573357.035750.jpg
A new EarthRoamer XVLT is camped out in our parking lot for a few days

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573383.619162.jpg
We have a new 10th Anniversary Rubicon for a few months (testing ;)), look for it in the Jeep booth

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573419.235835.jpg
A sweet TJ Unlimited owned by Trail Monkey on the forum. Diesel!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573432.369126.jpg
Unfortunately, our G-Wagen wont be making the trip - it is in the que for a diesel swap :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573450.802502.jpg
The LR4 project will be the main feature in the Overland Journal booth

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573467.518805.jpg
Our LJ78 Land Cruiser will be on display in the Triple Aught Design booth

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573507.351448.jpg
Our summer intern has a pretty sweet H3T

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573523.935339.jpg
Of course Atlas, the uber overland puppy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368574712.759932.jpg
Chazz's DII

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368574742.981653.jpg
Our TReK DII, which will be on display in the ExOfficio booth

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368574813.776978.jpg
The MKIII tow vehicle and beer run rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAD Duo

Observer
Already seeing some overland vehicles in Flag...One Earthroamer and one Sportsmobile today. Can't wait to get out Thursday:bike_rider:

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
I'm all set to head up there. too bad I have had one guy go to Thailand (work emergency) and the other guy is wavering about going. I may be solo this year. Setting a budget is also going to be tough this year...

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Trying to roll out of town tomorrow, have to finish a bid on a 100 million dollar project first!!! D'oh, work before play so I can play! Hope to see everyone sometime Thursday.

Going from Denver through Moab then Flagstaff, wave if you pass by the boat anchor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles