Overland Expo 2013: Post Your Stories, Images, and Experiences Here! (Official)

mkitchen

Explorer
I wouldn't mind any of those vehicles in my driveway

Some very nice and usable trucks. I can't wait to get out to Morman Lake. Half of my improvements on Rueben, my old 71 Ford, are still coming together in the garage. I am hoping to finish in time for the EXPO. Finished on not, I will be there.

Is there still going to be a Rust and Oil Spots, Old Iron section in the camp area? Rueben would fit in in either catagory. This will be the first year that we have camped at the EXPO camp area. I am thinking that we are going to get a much better sense of all that is going on. Also, anyone in the camp area, if I am at my camp, stop by and say hello. The coffee pot should be on if I'm around.
Mikey

MattScott

Approved Vendor
winthis.jpg

Just an update: If you're at Overland Expo 2013, three contributors from this thread will be chosen to get some free Expedition Portal and Overland Journal swag. Combined with the other 2 (Official) Overland Expo 2013 threads, nine total contributors will have a chance to win a brand-new Axial SCX-10 Trail Honcho RTR Remote Control Rock Crawler.

You can read the full-on nitty gritty details here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/news/2134-overland-expo-2013-share-your-stories-win-cool-stuff.html

Hopefully, this will inspire those lucky enough to attend to share what they're seeing and make it suck a little bit less for those who can't make it.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I am back in the US and will be there on Sunday, giving 3 presentations.

-Maya Rally/Muskoka Foundation
-Fly Buy Try with Doug Hackney
-West Africa Round Table

Hopefully some of you can come and attend these sessions! It would be awesome to meet up new people

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Up-Yers Brew Pub, Grand Re-Opening

Up-Yers Brew Pub, Grand Re-Opening!

IMG_1466 (Medium).JPG

For one night only, this Saturday May18th, 7:00 pm

5 years ago, at the Expedition Trophy 2008, Equipt won the Happy Hour Trophy with our rendition of a Pub in the middle of nowhere.

We are re-living our glorious past once again, and if you are lucky enough to be attending this year's Overland Expo we would love to have you stop by for a pint, on us. We'll have 3 micro brews on tap.

Come by, and learn the meaning behind the name.

Cheers!

Wilbur

Adventurer
I'm seriously jealous of some of you who get to attend this event, I still think about the mini one in the southeast we had 2 years ago that I attended. I can't wait to here all the stories and pictures to come.

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer
We encourage the Expedition Portal community to contibute to this thread—having missed the first few years of the event, I know how valuble the stories, images, and experiences members post can be to those who can't make the event.

Its people like me that couldn't afford the time or money to make the event that will benefit from this thread! Thanks for sharing and hopefully this becomes a super sticky thread with loads of pictures and stories.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I am back in the US and will be there on Sunday, giving 3 presentations.

-Maya Rally/Muskoka Foundation
-Fly Buy Try with Doug Hackney
-West Africa Round Table

Hopefully some of you can come and attend these sessions! It would be awesome to meet up new people

Christian,

Are these sessions recorded and available to view after the fact?

I would have loved to make it down this year for OX13, hopefully I'll be there for OX14

-Dan

c.nordstrom

World Traveller Extraordinaire
All of us at ExpeditionApparel are looking forward to our second Overland Expo! The amount of support we received from attendees was amazing.

This thread seems like the perfect place to announce our 2013 Overland Expo special: everything is 40% off. Every stitch of clothing we sell is 40% off. This includes prime stuff from Mountain Khakis, ExOfficio, Outdoor Research and Icebreaker. You can find us next door to Equipt - stop over after having a few drinks.

For those of you who can't attend, we will offer this same special online for a week after the OX - but those who can make it in person get first crack at colors and sizes.

Ramjet

Explorer
Well, I'm at camp for the night at Bluewater Lake S.P. in NM and should be in Flagstaff in the morning. Will have some pictures up later.

brushogger

Explorer
Oh Man! I had to work late and was driving back to the office on I-40 in Oklahoma City. I was passed by a westbound white hi top van with a brushguard, rear tire carrier, and an OJ sticker (along with others). I believe it had a North Carolina tag. It really got me jones'n for a trip west.:( Safe travels guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94