Overland Explorer Vehicles (OEV) BASE-CAMP Pickup Camper - Soft-Wall and Hard-Wall Versions

HowardH

Adventurer
Truck is built and shipped. It sure why it takes four plus weeks to ship from KY to Spokane Wa via rail.

Starting to get excited again.

Last edited:

Ninelitetrip

It is a nationwide problem. Congestion and labor issues.

Union Pacific just announced it is postponing the west coast tour of UP4014 Big Boy due to rail congestion.

HowardH

Adventurer
Good. All parts are in stock except the AC which is scheduled to arrive the end of the month. Truck should be delivered to the dealer tomorrow afternoon.

HowardH

Adventurer
So frustrating. It’s going to end up taking six days to move from the rail yard to the dealer IN THE SAME SMALL CITY.

Ninelitetrip

I spent some time with Arnold at the Expo. Disappointed there was not a Base Camp there to look over. Understandable since there is only Mark's prototype and now a single production model in the wild. Discussed the whole product line though my interest really lies with the HBE / BASE CAMP. I will be really interested to see Howard how yours turns out. Concerning the BASE CAMP, I did ask if it was possible to do a more base level BASE CAMP, not in the cards for now. I think that would fit a niche between the current trim BASE CAMP and the HBE.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
6days? Sounds like the LA port issues.

I spent some time with Arnold at the Expo. Disappointed there was not a Base Camp there to look over. Understandable since there is only Mark's prototype and now a single production model in the wild. Discussed the whole product line though my interest really lies with the HBE / BASE CAMP. I will be really interested to see Howard how yours turns out. Concerning the BASE CAMP, I did ask if it was possible to do a more base level BASE CAMP, not in the cards for now. I think that would fit a niche between the current trim BASE CAMP and the HBE.
Max and Jeremy at Technique Vehicle Outfitters (OR dealer for OEV) has the 1st production BaseCamp(called an S--what's that signify?) at their shop in Bend OR. The rig is getting upfitted now.

I agree on a BaseCampBase, this would be smart.

The new CampFX looks cool(especially on ATO's RAM PXL!), but I haven't seen enough good pictures to understand what was sacrificed in order to get the exterior hatches/storage.

Chadx

♫ Off the road again. Just can't wait to get...
Base camp "S" stands for soft top (a pop top). A hardwall, fixed-top version will also be available

Ninelitetrip

6days? Sounds like the LA port issues.

Max and Jeremy at Technique Vehicle Outfitters (OR dealer for OEV) has the 1st production BaseCamp(called an S--what's that signify?) at their shop in Bend OR. The rig is getting upfitted now.

I agree on a BaseCampBase, this would be smart.

The new CampFX looks cool(especially on ATO's RAM PXL!), but I haven't seen enough good pictures to understand what was sacrificed in order to get the exterior hatches/storage.

I stopped by ATO, impressed.

I think there is a market to be had between the 75K HBE and 150K BASE CAMP. I asked about simplifying and sticking with the mechanicals of the HBE, leaving the electric roof mechanism and the items that grow organically with the added space such as fresh water, extra batteries, solar panel. etc. Not where their energy is going to be placed. 24 people in the shop now, but hiring as the BASE CAMP and SUMMIT enter production. One upcoming option is the ACELA Straya (Isuzu) as a platform.

I saw the Insta post with the BASE CAMP on the Ford, looks great. Need more pics though. Apparently OEV did add some sort of protection to the mechanical arms for the roof.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Looking forward to a review of the CampFX. While it has more storage than other OEV models, OEV's are still light on storage vs some competition. Horses for courses.

Crux

If OEV is making a hard walled Base Camp, then what will be the difference between that and the Summit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94