SOLD - Overland Explorer Camper for Sale

HowardH

Adventurer
The time has come to sell my Overland Explorer camper. I have thoroughly enjoyed using it and owning it. The design and build quality is top notch. There has been a personal issue that has removed a lot of the shine for me so hopefully it will be your gain. I believe I have priced it fairly and would welcome any feedback.

Very nice feature article here. Feature story

Overland Explorer Camper – Full composite 3600 lbs dry

https://overlandex.com/removable-cabin

• X-12 camper - removable
  • 12’ long plus cab overhang x 7’6” wide
  • 2” thick walls
  • Aluminum extrusion frame
Interior
  • Powder coated aluminum cabinetry with Starwood doors
  • Diesel fired cooktop, furnace and water heater
    • Wallas cooktop
    • Webasto heating & water heater
  • Wet bath w/Thetford cassette toilet
  • Nova Kool fridge
  • 45 gal freshwater
  • Queen bed in overhang in north south configuration
  • All LED lighting
  • IC Series 2000 watt invertor
  • 800 amp/hr battery
  • Queen size bed
  • Dinette makes into a bunk bed. Sleeps two adults
  • Storage everywhere
    • Along both sides of the bed
    • Huge storage next to fridge
    • Storage above sink
    • Storage about dinette on passenger side
Exterior
  • Removable electric jacks for removal of camper
  • Shore power & cord
  • Roof mounted AC
  • Roof rack
  • Dometic duel pane windows with bug screens
  • Full width exterior accessible pass through storage.
  • Portable outdoor kitchen
    • Stores inside pass through
    • 120 volt outlet and hot and cold water on passenger side for outdoor kitchen.
  • Bullfinch outside shower on driver side
  • Flood lights; right, rear, left, with spotlights on the right also
Vehicle
  • 2017 F450 XLT
  • 6.7 diesel just turned 61,000 miles
  • Factory anti spin rear axle
  • ARB air locker on front axle
  • Buckstop Super Single conversion kit. https://www.buckstopinc.com/single-wheel-conversion-1769.html
  • 10 Hutchinson aluminum bead-lock wheels
  • 8 Toyo 285/70R19.5 tires
  • DBL Industries rear spaces so all wheels run dish out and track properly.
  • Front receiver hitch and spare tire carrier
  • AirCTI System – air down and up on the go
  • Outdoor Products belt driven air compressor
  • Outdoor Products electric air compressor mounted between bed rails.
  • Air hose fittings on each side in locking cabinets underbed
  • Auto deploying running boards/steps
Custom built flatbed – aluminum bed & steel frame
  • Powder coated
  • Sized to fit camper
  • 12’ long bed with ½” rubber mat
  • 6 under bed locking watertight cabinets
  • Goose neck hitch – flush fit
  • Bumper and class 5 receiver hitch
  • Headache rack
  • LED lighting including dedicated rear backup lights

Pictures can be found here. https://adobe.ly/32XRqt0 Also any others available upon request.

A lot of discussion about it can be found in this thread. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/new-expedition-camper-overland-explorer.173413/page-23

Well over 270,000 new. Priced at 175,000 USD and all set up and ready to go.

Last edited:

4whoroll

Hello Howard. Sweet rig for sure!

How's the interior of the truck, as clean as the camper? Do you have pictures?

HowardH

Adventurer
It is clean. Everything is in new condition. I will take some pics of the interior tonight and add them to the link. I will let you know when it is done. Thank you for the inquiry.

HowardH

Adventurer
Added a few pics of the truck interior. They can be found on the link above. They are to show that there is no damage or wear & tear to the interior. It will be detailed before the new buyer takes possession. That is included in the sale.

VTdog

Good Afternoon Howard. Do you have photos of the bed? I see you did the Dempsey Highway! I plan to do the Trans Taiga/ James Bay Road. What were the coldest temps you guys experienced? How did the setup fair? I think this may be an optimal setup for my travels!

HowardH

Adventurer
Absolutely. Here is one. Going to go take more now.
20180707_045459192_iOS-2.jpg

HowardH

Adventurer
Here are some pics of the interior. I am slowing learning how to post pics with in the message.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 470

HowardH

Adventurer
Good Afternoon Howard. Do you have photos of the bed? I see you did the Dempsey Highway! I plan to do the Trans Taiga/ James Bay Road. What were the coldest temps you guys experienced? How did the setup fair? I think this may be an optimal setup for my travels!

I posted some pics and provided a link to them. Coldest temps? Hmmm........I know I have stayed in the camper several nights that dropped into the teens. Not sure any reached single digits. The furnace kept up, I did learn this summer that the three settings on the furnace, low, medium and high don't control only fan speed but the amount of heat the furnace will put out. I have never ran it on any other than the low setting.

I have learned to run one of the exhaust fans - it has two - all night and this helps with condensation. A small fan in the overhang would help even more, just have not got around to installing one.

Overall I have to say I have no worries about the rigs ability to handle cold weather. I would head north in the middle of winter with this machine and not stress at all.

One more point. The diesel cooktop can double as a heat source. There is a setting on it that when you close the lid runs a fan over the top of the cooking surface. Works really well and is a great secondary heat source.

VTdog

I posted some pics and provided a link to them. Coldest temps? Hmmm........I know I have stayed in the camper several nights that dropped into the teens. Not sure any reached single digits. The furnace kept up, I did learn this summer that the three settings on the furnace, low, medium and high don't control only fan speed but the amount of heat the furnace will put out. I have never ran it on any other than the low setting.

I have learned to run one of the exhaust fans - it has two - all night and this helps with condensation. A small fan in the overhang would help even more, just have not got around to installing one.

Overall I have to say I have no worries about the rigs ability to handle cold weather. I would head north in the middle of winter with this machine and not stress at all.

One more point. The diesel cooktop can double as a heat source. There is a setting on it that when you close the lid runs a fan over the top of the cooking surface. Works really well and is a great secondary heat source.
Appreciate the photos and info Howard! I hope to be in contact post thanksgiving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online