SOLD - Overland Explorer Camper for Sale

HowardH

Adventurer
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. Back from vacation. I know some questions were asked while I was gone. I think I have answered them all. If I missed any just let me know.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Bump for the deal of the century! Much more capable and flexible rig for the same price as an outfitted Sprinter.

inonil

Observer
That is a nice camper for exactly the roads you encountered on the way to the Arctic. If you don't mind, what is the tip-to-tail length with that spare tire mounted up front, and what is the height of the unit when aired up? Thanks.

HowardH

Adventurer
That is a nice camper for exactly the roads you encountered on the way to the Arctic. If you don't mind, what is the tip-to-tail length with that spare tire mounted up front, and what is the height of the unit when aired up? Thanks.

I am sorry, somehow I missed your question. I will get you answers tonight.

HowardH

Adventurer
IMG_2151_jpg.jpg

A picture from our recent trip.

HowardH

Adventurer

Sorry for being slow. 285/70R19.5 tires fully aired up height is just under twelve (12'). Tip to tail is 27 feet WITHOUT the spare mounted. Sorry I don't have it available right now. You can calculate it though. The tires are just over 11 inches wide so add a foot to overall length as the spare is snugged tight to the bumper bar when mounted.

Last edited:

trickflow

Out of curiosity, the air system you have on the truck, what happens if one of those lines get snagged on something and torn off? Does that deflate the tire or is there a safety system built in for that?

HowardH

Adventurer
There are fail safes built in. Every tire has a valve on it that you can open and close with your fingers. I also have left the value stems in the tires. This does make the air up and down slower but provides an additional fail safe. If you get a rapid leak the controller will warn you with enough time to pull over.

The lines are designed for easy replacement and I carry spares. I have yet to have one torn off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camshaft700