Overland Campers for FG 4x4 and 4x2 Available now in USA, Australia and export

More OUtBack Explorer Info From HOST

The “OutBack Explorer”

The Outback was designed and created by “EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles” & “Host Industries Inc.” The purpose of the OutBack is to take advantage of the mobility and rugged use the Fuso chassis offers (and what makes the Earthcruiser such a tremendous Vehicle) and to add a little more space and creature comforts you would have in a more conventional type RV.
The OutBack uses the same suspension mounting system for the house that is used on the EarthCruiser . This allows the suspension of the Fuso to work correctly and allows the Fuso chassis to flex as needed without putting unnecessary stress on the house.
Host builds the house with 100% aluminum framing. It is framed on 16 Inch centers with every window, door, hatch opening etc… individually framed. After All the walls, floor and roof panels are welded , the areas between the framing are filled with high density rigid polystyrene. The panels are then run through the glue applicator, mated with the interior wall board and exterior Fiberglass and then transferred to the Vacuum press for curing. The floor is extra thick (3.625 inches) which makes the house extremely strong and rigid .This way the House is not relying on the truck frame for its strength (like most conventional motor homes). The Interior walls are also filled with the polystyrene to minimize noise during travel. The House is then assembled with the same quality and craftsmanship that the Host campers and Motor Coaches are known for.

Outback Explorer “House only ” General Dimensions

• House Dimensions : length 14'-9”, width 7'-2 1/2”, Height (to the top of the air) 8'2”
• Interior Floor to ceiling height 6'-5”

OutBack Explorer 4x4 Camper fitted to FUSO
Approximate general dimensions.

• Cab roof to camper roof not including air conditioner if fitted. 600mm~24”
  • Overall length not including accessories 6060mm ~ 238”
  • Overall height from ground not including air conditioner if fitted. 3110mm ~ 122”
  • Overall width. 2200mm ~ 86”
  • Finished weight 5200KG ~ 11500 Lbs

Outback Explorer Standard Equipment

Exterior Features & Construction

• Ultralite 100% Aluminum Structure w/ Interlock “P” Extrusion
  • Complete Fiberglass Exterior w/Exterior Graphics
  • Vacuum Bonded Foam Insulated Walls, Floor & Ceiling
  • One Piece TPO Roof
  • Large Radius Cornered Windows w/ Int. Fasteners
  • Radius Insulated Locking Exterior Storage Compartment Doors

Interior Features

• Cabinets w/ Raised Panel or Thermo-foil Doors
  • Large 3 Burner Range (Propane)
  • Double Door 2-Way 8 CU FT Refrigerator
  • 60 x 80 Queen Bed & Bed Spread
  • 12 Volt Interior Lighting System
  • Reading Lights in Bedroom
  • Grani-Coat Solid Surface Countertops
  • Folding Stove Top Cover

• Power Systems & Safety Features

• 45 Amp AC/DC Power Converter w/Battery Charger
  • RV Systems Monitor Panel
  • GFI Circuit Protection
  • Smoke, LPG Leak & CO Detectors
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Color Coded Freeze Resistant 1/2" Water Lines

Convenience Features

• Dining Room Slide-Out
  • Radius Entry Door w/Window & Flush Mount Lock w/Dead Bolt
  • Screen Door w/Kick Panel
  • 24" Exterior Grab Rail
  • 12 Volt Patio Light w/Interior Switch
  • Wired for Cable TV w/Park Receptacle TV Antenna
  • Pre-Wired for A/C
  • Skylight Roof Vents w/Screens
  • Large J-Rail Rain Gutters
  • Enclosed Service Center
  • Clearance Lights
  • Access Panels for Slide-Out Motors,
  • 30,000 BTU Forced Air Furnace (propane)
  • "Fan-Tastic” Fan
  • 76 gallon fresh water capacity
  • 23 gallon grey water capacity
  • Thetford cassette toilet with approximately a 5 gallon portable holding tank
  • Water Heater - 6 Gallon DSI Gas (propane)
  • Built in entry step
  • Bathroom Power Vent
  • Winterization System
  • Upgrade Faucets
  • Exterior Shower

If You have any questions, Please call

Randall (541) 317-5568

Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Randall,
Thanks for all of the information. The construction method sounds bullet-proof.
So is the dry weight of the camper about 5500 lbs +/- ( 11,500 finished weight minus Fuso spec of 5,985 ) ?

Looking at the floorplan of the slide-out model, it looks difficult to gain access to the bathroom without opening the dinette slide. Or is there enough room to squeeze in between the galley and dinette to reach the bathroom?

I'd guess not
View attachment 126748

OuTBack Weight

The 11,500 lbs weight was the weight of the first unit completed in Australia, full of water (approx 700 lbs), Diesel (approx 250 lbs), and gear, all ready to go.

The House (as shipped from Host) was 2810 lbs.
Then you have to add for the Bumper/bull bar, roof rack, winch, the suspension sub frame, alll the below floor equiptment (ie water tanks, skirting, stairs, etc...)

Attached are pictures of the scale and the House being weighed at the Host factory

I Hope this Helps.

Randall Pozzi
Host Industries Inc
(541) 317-5568

P1020390.JPGP1020391.JPGP1020389.JPG

Bathroom access.

The answer is no. You need to open a slide to access the bathroom. But it is no big deal. It literally only takes 5 seconds or less to open the slides. You can run them both at the same time if you so choose.

Randall Pozzi
Host Industries Inc
(541) 317-5568

kmg65

Looking at the various pdf files and the plans shown, I still haven't seen any illustration of a non-slideout side entry model. I looked at the 29MB file mentioned earlier (the one with the reversed writing) and didn't see it there. Since I'm usually the one who is confused, I gotta ask, what am I missing?

chromisdesigns

Adventurer
So what's the pricing like?

Unless I missed it, there is no pricing info in this thread or on either web site. Can you guys give us an idea of the base price and price range?

potfish

"Me too" re pricing (particularly for the DIY version), and also photos of the interior of the non-slide version. Please would you post some up?

OutBack Pricing

• The double slide OutBack Explorer has a base price of $135,000 USD.

• If you want to go all out with all the bells and whistles you can add another 25K in options.

• If you already have a Fuso Truck (a compatable model) you would like us to install the house on, the base cost is $90,000 USD.

If you would like us to price one out for you with the options of your choice, Please email or call

Thank You,

Randall Pozzi
    Host Industries Inc.
    (541) 317-5568
    rpozzi@hostcampers.com

6-Outback for news letter - Copy.jpg1-Outback for news letter.jpg2-Outback for news letter - Copy.jpg3-Outback for news letter.jpg

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
not to be rude but 90k? i think thats extremely steep. i guess maybe im in the minority but i cant pay attention much less 90k for a hard side camper. yes it got double slides a kitchen dinette, bathroom for that price it better come with all a super model to cook clean and ready bed time stories. sorry to pick this thread but im just sick over priced things here and people singing praises like it's cost is such a bargain. i feel the same why about rtt's out there. you can buy a pop up for that.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Not to be rude but 90k? i think thats extremely steep. Sorry to pick this thread but I'm just sick (of) over priced things here and people singing praises like its cost is such a bargain.
I value your opinion, of course, as you've no doubt carefully examined the specifics of this particular camper and found its shortcomings. And it's equally likely that you've done the same level of analysis--and perhaps felt the same way--about EarthRoamers, Unicats, GXVs, Action Mobils, All Terrain Warriors, Sportsmobiles and the other limited production overland trucks available here and abroad.

There are, however, forum members who have encountered this level of pricing, and much higher, when researching high-quality off-pavement campers, and I suspect that some of us don't feel we've yet learned enough about the North American EarthCruiser to have such a definite idea of its value. In fact, contrary to your position, some of us are at least temporarily pleased that we'll have another source of a potentially well-designed unit, especially given EarthCruiser's experience in Australia.

I, too, am sick of overpriced things here, and if this EarthCruiser camper this turns out to be one of those things, I promise to be sick of it right along with you.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Kudos to Randall for even posting a ‘price'.

Every thread where the price of anything is over $2.63, someone jumps on board and complains it is overpriced. I personally think I can learn a lot from these vendors with their vast knowledge and experience in building these vehicles, be it the Outback Explorer, EarthCruiser, Earthroamer, etc. The equipment they use, the size, weight, layout, construction, etc are all things I'm sure they planned and tested before investing huge amounts of their own money to manufacture their product. As an “Overlanding Want-to-be' these are the things I can learn from them.

I'm also sure they do their research into the marketplace as far a demand, costs, and most importantly for them, the price point at which they can sell their product while making a profit so they can stay in business. If they don't, everyone loses.

I don't see how every thread, (not just this one) is more productive and informative with “it costs tooooo much”. If it is too much, don't buy one. Looking at Host's product line, it sure seems like they know what they are doing and more power to them if they can add a product to their line in this day and age. I'm sure there is a market out there for a quality build, dedicated Fuso camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94