Overhead cab storage shelf

02rangeredge

Adventurer
personally don't know anything about FGs, but I'd assume they're a tad wider than a standard full size
it seems like it would be a pretty straight forward fab job

kerry

Expedition Leader
Initially I thought that also but I believe one of their shelves is 60" wide which is pretty close to being as wide as the FG.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
You will need to tie your gear down in an overhead shelf as in mine everything jumps out of the overhead storage as is.

Dan.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Good point. I made the mistake of actually trying to use the cup holders when I first bought my truck. :)

DzlToy

Explorer
FE, FG, NPR, FTR and almost all full sized trucks are all about 78-79" wide on the exterior (cab width, not mirrors, fenders, etc). Obviously, interior dimensions and shapes are going to vary slightly, but there is a massive range from which to select products.

I have had the headliner out of my FE for recovering and there is plenty of structure in the ceiling and above the windscreen to attach an overhead console. The headliner is a bit of a PITA to remove though, as it requires quite a few other neighbouring pieces to come out also. It's not difficult, just takes a bit of time.

DzlToy

Explorer
I do and I actually looked for them before I made that post. Let me look again. I know I have them, just not sure what folder they are in, lol.

EDIT: Sorry man, I have looked everywhere I can think of to look and cannot find them. I had a cell phone that died about six months ago and they may have been on there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles