Outfitting a lightweight camper

HAFICON

Adventurer
finally got around to modifying the tongue.

Cut the coupler off and added some re-enforcement.

New 2” coupler

Got enough room now I can jackknife the Jeep parallel to the trailer, the short set up was nice, but the tongue jack hit the spare and I want to add a storage box on the tongue.

billiebob

that is near perfect !! one change I recommend, move the jack back so the Wrangler door swings wide open. Here is what I did.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Actually I am using a removable jack, for me that’s easier when traveling. But this was the problem with the original tongue I was gonna move it like you did but I needed more trine as well for a box. Seems I can not upload pictures due to size limits. But all in all it is much better and went out on a camping trip this weekend just to drag out the gear and check everything out.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Anyone have a recommendation for a quality paint to do the flood in my trailer? It is all birch wood, I was gone for 30 day had a water leak and came back to standing water in the trailer. Cleaned all the mold and mildew. Going to sand and looking for a decent paint, I looked at the epoxy garage floor coatings I want it to be resistance and not stain of doable...

billiebob

Rust Coat Alkyd Enamel if you don't mind the fumes. The Rust Coat works great on bare wood without any primer.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Interior storage/sleeping area. I bleached it got rid of all the mold. The area causing the leak was repaired.

Rear cargo storage/kitchen area. Leak was in this compartment and dripping down into the storage area below.

Not sure what I am going to do I want it to look nice I plan to sell this trailer before long. Just wanna work out the minor issues and get it set up nice for the next guy.

shade

Nice trailer. Too bad it leaked. Before painting, you may want to run a dehumidifier inside with the door shut.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Thanks.... I got it dry, been in the 90s just left it open for 3 days in the sun. So far so good, just have to find a good sealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94