Outfitting a 2500 Silverado

britome

17 years and 300K miles later, my 02 2500HD with a 400lb RanchHand FrontEnd Replacement + Winch + Rancho Lift has yet to have a problems. I must be doing something wrong.

Very very helpful. I’ve been drawn to the rancho rear bumper due to the step. Pain in the rear getting into my bed. I think your post just cost me some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

britome

So sorry for being absent. I wasn’t getting any notifications so had no idea you all have been helping. I’ve crossed and moved on a lot of bridges...

1. staying with my 2011 2500HD
  2. installed fox 2.0 shocks and the ride is way better!
  3. used Tepui tent and awning has been purchased
  4. bought Leitner rack system
  5. narrowing in on ranch hand rear bumper to help me get into the bed.
  6. I’m holding the line on other upgrades. Gonna live with this for a while and see what breaks and how it goes.

And here’s how it looks thus far...
b5793fab228e285c785668cb82ef06e8.jpg

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
So sorry for being absent. I wasn’t getting any notifications so had no idea you all have been helping. I’ve crossed and moved on a lot of bridges...

6. I’m holding the line on other upgrades. Gonna live with this for a while and see what breaks and how it goes.

I doubt anything is gonna break with stock size rubber.

LikeABoss

Observer
Most bumpers will give you more clearance than stock. I’ve had a Fusion (I think they make one for your year) and currently Kelderman bumper on my 2015 2500. Both with a Warn Zeon 12s platinum winch. It likely reduces airflow but I’ve never had tranny temp issues.

I have kryptonite tie rods and UCAs, BDS 4.5 lift and fox adjustable res in front and deaver leafs with fox 3.0 shocks in back. Rides awesome.

4.56 gears and a tune for more go on 37s.

1518de1c31e2aa7cbf2f49c1eaf39fe6.jpg

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey

Looking good, but be careful that IFS looks like it's about to blow up if you take one step closer, or not. These trucks are built very well, if you do not go out of your way to trash it all the factory front suspension parts will last you over 100k miles.

I would spend $20 on tie-rod sleeves, but other than that go play and figure out what you need as you reach your truck limits, most never do and just start dumping money on parts that will do absolutely nothing like aftermarket UCAs.

Good luck, have fun and keep us posted with your adventures.

PS; I love my first gen Ford Raptor bumper on the Suburban, it sits 5-6" higher than factory and I have a better approach angle than a Rubicon with 4" lift, 33s and an aftermarket winch bumper.

britome

Thanx, Guys. Now you are all making me doubt my fox 2.0 stock choice. I don’t have any adjustments on mine... that I know of. I chose to not do a lift and keep everything as stock as possible. I’ll wait for things to show signs of wear and then figure out what to do.

This is my daily commuter as well. I decided that outfitting it with a lift and other more extreme things wasn’t necessary at this point. She is more than capable for fire roads, fields and minor rocky ascents. Anything more extreme than that will be very rare.

XJLI

Adventurer
Fox 2.0s are fine for 99% of people 99% of time. This crazy trend of putting 3.0 coil overs with remote resis on everything is a little ridiculous.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
My 2004 chevy 2500, (6.0 gasser) has gone 250k miles towing, and being used as a truck. The front end is built for the heavier D max, so the gas engines are easier on them. Looks like you have a great start. Get out and Enjoy I did not replace anything on the IFS until about 230k. My brother and I built the bumpers on our trucks. I did not want the added weight of the 200ib massive bumpers hanging off the front. I look forward to following along.

britome

My 2004 chevy 2500, (6.0 gasser) has gone 250k miles towing, and being used as a truck. The front end is built for the heavier D max, so the gas engines are easier on them. Looks like you have a great start. Get out and Enjoy I did not replace anything on the IFS until about 230k. My brother and I built the bumpers on our trucks. I did not want the added weight of the 200ib massive bumpers hanging off the front. I look forward to following along.

I can’t weld as well as I can grind. So I’m likely going with the rhino b10 and b20. Go ahead and look them up... bad assery!
94f95457212dcbcc133ee4f96c521b9e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles