Outback Proven: long range fuel tank for tacoma

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Umm, I've had this same issue since day one. Who do i contact about the updated valve? pics of the updated version?
Updated version! It’s awesome! I didn’t notice the weight of the tank but you can feel the weight difference full of fuel!

Attachments

• 025B30C4-6407-4615-A19F-40BE55A56E88.jpeg
    025B30C4-6407-4615-A19F-40BE55A56E88.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • F7D327E0-24A0-41FD-8AF9-CA0B3B67C901.jpeg
    F7D327E0-24A0-41FD-8AF9-CA0B3B67C901.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

JLink

Georg and I (Ward) spent a year looking at a relationship with LRA. We knew the products from Land Cruiser installs and the firm had a good reputation. After a few conversations, a trip to Australia and some research, we went ahead with the partnership - largely because of the people and their reputation for good products and good business. We did not know about the Taco fill issues until we had sold a few and then realized we needed to help address the issue, to help LRA understand and they come up with a solution.

Glad to know it worked. We now have updated the production tanks and have "fix kits" for the older models. Please call me directly with any questions - if you would like to fit your tank with the new Inlet Control Valve (ICV) we are here to sell tanks, of course, but the gear has to work. Depending on your truck, the "fix" takes about an hour to install plus removing the bed (or dropping the tank).

The "new" Tacoma tanks are rated at approximately 33 gallons and are available for sale, in stock in California. You can see our website at https://www.cruiserbrothers.com/brands/long-range-automotive/#product-listing although the Tacoma tank fact sheet is dated and needs an update. In addition to capacity, the kit fits 2005-2018 DCSB. We have a new tank in development for early 2019 to accommodate DCLB and Access Cab models. Same list price of $1,595.

Thank you for your patience and Merry Christmas.

Ward Harris
Cruiser Brothers
209-636-0831
ward@cruiserbrothers.com

Any idea how early in 2019 the dclb option might be available? Would it be the same capacity, just with the proper mounting points for the vehicle?

Also I’ve done the “request a quote” thing on your website a few times and have never gotten any response. Not sure where the problem is but maybe your website isn’t working right.

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
Any idea how early in 2019 the dclb option might be available? Would it be the same capacity, just with the proper mounting points for the vehicle?
DCLB/Access Cabs - We are in the midst of development of correct mounting bracket and tank mods for those configurations.
Capacity - 33 gallons
2019 Model Year - New fill tube connection to tank, working on update to fitment kit to accommodate.
ETA to ship - late First or Second quarter 2019

Also I’ve done the “request a quote” thing on your website a few times and have never gotten any response. Not sure where the problem is but maybe your website isn’t working right.
Apologies - the site / response function has a variable bug in the connection between website and database - we cannot track down. Two solutions - 1) responses now come directly to my email and each is followed up by me, 2) launching a new website next year for LRA tanks and KAYMAR bars/carrier systems.

Always feel free to email or call me directly at info@cruiserbrothers.com or 209-636-0831

Thanks!
Ward Harris

Last edited:

JLink

DCLB/Access Cabs - We are in the midst of development of correct mounting bracket and tank mods for those configurations.
Capacity - 33 gallons
2019 Model Year - New fill tube connection to tank, working on update to fitment kit to accommodate.

Apologies - the site / response function has a variable bug in the connection between website and database - we cannot track down. Two solutions - 1) responses now come directly to my email and each is followed up by me, 2) launching a new website next year for LRA tanks and KAYMAR bars/carrier systems.

Always feel free to email or call me directly at info@cruiserbrothers.com or 209-636-0831

Thanks!
Ward Harris

Thanks for the quick response! I’ll keep an eye out for more info. That could work out well, I’m driving cross country in the spring/summer.

JLink

Capacity - 33 gallons

Thanks!
Ward Harris

I just sent you an email to see if there’s any update on when dclb tanks will be ready.

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
FYI- installed the burp valve and it went without a hitch. Cleaned off the Magnet while we were at it. Looks like I have to drop it again though. The sending unit/ tank level, has been having issues. Sporadically works for about 2 months now.
Shoot me an email about the sending unit/gauge behavior if you would.
Thanks for the update.
Ward

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
So far so good with my tank. No refueling issues, no fuel gauge issues.
Good to hear. We have launched a separate business to handle the tanks, along with Kaymar rear bars and Scheel-Mann seats. New website coming later this month at www.longrangeamerica.com.

Also, the Tacoma tank kit is going to $1,695 on April 15, taking orders at old price for the next week. Call me at 209-636-0831 or email ward@longrangeamerica.com

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles