Outback Adventures Trailgater for JL Wrangler Install

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Very nice!
Can you please check how much of a gap there is beteween the table surface and the back surface when the table is closed?
I'd love to know if it will be possible to mount all my cutlery in there again like on the JK version.
The JK version has almost an inch gap, allowing for the thickeness of the handle on the big knife (just)
Like this:
tailgate-table-organizer-mounted-720x480.jpg

Thanks!

-Dan

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Very nice!
Can you please check how much of a gap there is beteween the table surface and the back surface when the table is closed?
I'd love to know if it will be possible to mount all my cutlery in there again like on the JK version.
The JK version has almost an inch gap, allowing for the thickeness of the handle on the big knife (just)
Like this:
tailgate-table-organizer-mounted-720x480.jpg

Thanks!

-Dan
Dan,
Yes, there is room. This is a photo of a prototype Overland Outfitters Cutlery/Tool Keeper for the JL Trailgater, they tell me it should be in production later this summer. It installs using the Trailgater hardware and the cutlery remains in place when the table is closed.

JLTrailgaterCutleryKeeperPrototype1_zpswujpizt1.jpg

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Dan,
Yes, there is room. This is a photo of a prototype Overland Outfitters Cutlery/Tool Keeper for the JL Trailgater, they tell me it should be in production later this summer. It installs using the Trailgater hardware and the cutlery remains in place when the table is closed.

Thanks Jeff. It's cool to see the production version of my build :)
(And I was inspired by someone else, so it's not even my idea!)

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior