OUT WITH THE OLD...

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
RETIRED guy. Well I don't know where this should go so here goes. Click here for video. A Motorized bicycle! Yea I can hear the purists going OMG!! Well it's an end to the means, I know after 27 years service my body is a little beat up. It's built on a Huffy Beach Cruiser, from there I've added a Zeda Yd100 motor . The kit comes complete but made with fasteners built from pure chinseium. Very low grade, I replaced them with 8.8 grade fasteners . I've built this to get me out into the toolies. The KVR Trails is my main focus, break it up into overnight trips!

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Here's a pic of said unwanted interloper . It's just starting to melt the snow on the north side of the hills here.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 72

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
It comes a early forced retirement . I swapped out the seat today, now I'm waiting for some parts to come in from China., A 1 gal fuel tank and a 12v stereo I can run off a jumper pack.

GHI

Adventurer
Wow. You were tearing it up. That looked like such a good time. What’s your miles per quart?

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
They claim 78 mpg. But I'll understand not getting that, with my weight. I'll be swapping back to my 56 tooth sprocket. This gives me a greater amount of torque out of this small motor. I have a 1 gallon tank coming in, just have to wait till it arrives. With that tank capacity I should be good to go for all of my planned expeditions in the area. After thinking of the performance change between the 44 tooth vs 56 tooth I lost top end but didn't really have to pedal. I don't need top end speed but rather less buzzing as I cruise forestry roads away from people.

Reactions: GHI

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
PT1
PT2

HMMMM have to do some fabrication to make brackets to work. Why can't anything be straight forward ? It will look good though when done.

billiebob

Where are you Jim, that looks awesome, I'm in the Kootenays. Those "mopeds" were pretty common in Edmonton when I grew up.
You could buy one out of the Simpsons Sears Catalogue.

1964_sears_allstate_moped_15397119409eb2aed8825bc6230d2c307_sears_allstate_moped_1538701504cd0...jpg

Kinda redneck to convert a bicycle with a gas engine.... I endorse such rebellion.

Last edited:

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
A little west of Kamloops I plan on zipping along the KVR as a way of beating the summertime doldrums! I'd love to find one of those, I have found a honda ruckus . Once our apocalypse thing chills I can go get it.
3ny2eo.jpg

Last edited:

billiebob

So The Thompson Okanogan Tourism Assn is in your backyard. They are doing amazing things with EcoTourism. Kinda anti everything in this thread but Mopeds were the green choice 60 years ago.

From The Thompson Okanogan Tourism Association web site

In 2016, we initiated a worldwide search for an organization that could assist us in pursuing certification as a Sustainable Tourism Destination. Through a committee selection process, TOTA signed an agreement with the Responsible Tourism Institute (Spain) and embarked on the process of Regional Sustainable Tourism Certification.

Last edited:

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Yea, if I was the lean fighting machine I was before I joined the military years ago. Today I need assistance to do longer trips so this is it.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
I am a member of the NVFG Association . I made use of the range today, to try out a new blaster and rifle.No video, it was chilly and a fairly stiff breeze. I fired about a dozen mags and that was that. Both offer a glimpse of decent groups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste