Out with the old, in with the new...F-150.

D45

Explorer
Well, got rid of the f150. At 72k miles I had the motor opened up twice, front and rear suspension replaced, electrical issues like crazy. I traded it on a 19 Ram 1500 with the hemi and 3.92. Almost 1800 lbs payload, leveled using 5100s and new UCAs, power steps, bakflip (will be selling) etc…

Wow, what issues did the motor have?

FordGuy1

Adventurer
So, whats the deal with Fords Cam phasers?? is it still a issue on the new trucks?
Cam Phasers are a small issue on all vehicles that use them. Ford and BMW have been the worse, but we see very few issues on newer Fords unless the customers don't do proper maintenance. I can tell you if you change your oil every 5k, chances are you will be fine.

Grassland

Poor quality oil, poor quality filter, poor oil change intervals, mediocre material choices.
There are low km breakdowns which kind of suggest a design flaw, but when do we ever see the entire picture in detail?

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Poor quality oil, poor quality filter, poor oil change intervals, mediocre material choices.
There are low km breakdowns which kind of suggest a design flaw, but when do we ever see the entire picture in detail?
And unfortunately, the manufactures with the stupid maint intervals of 10k are making matters much worse.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.

Total anecdote from the GEN2 Raptor: total randomness. Feels like it's a manufacturing defect or something inherently flawed with the design. I've seen guys who are on top of all maintenance have then go out on them. I've seen guys who abuse their trucks have no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94