Our trip to Deadhorse Alaska

Wow. Amazing trip. Got to finish reading that after I clear some work from my desk here at work, lol.

Approximately how much did you spend on gas on this whole trip? If you do not mind sharing.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Wow. Amazing trip. Got to finish reading that after I clear some work from my desk here at work, lol.

Approximately how much did you spend on gas on this whole trip? If you do not mind sharing.

Thanks . Part three coming up in the next issue. Quiet frankly, the gas expense was never considered. It was an expense that had to made so it was not consideration. The main money saving consideration was camping as much in free campsites as possible and eating at camp.

You can calculate 13,000 miles at 10 mpg at roughly $4.00 a gallon. $5200.00

Financially, one would need to be able to be able to handle a breakdown on the road. I know of one couple who broke down in Fairbanks and they were stranded for over a week waiting on parts. One needs to be able to handle that sort of expensive pause in the trip.

They were lucky. Imagine breaking down on the Dalton. Can you afford a couple thousand dollar tow ? Spending a week in town waiting on parts? Etc. I think those are the real expense considerations to think about.

Hope this helps.

Thanks . Part three coming up in the next issue. Quiet frankly, the gas expense was never considered. It was an expense that had to made so it was not consideration. The main money saving consideration was camping as much in free campsites as possible and eating at camp.

You can calculate 13,000 miles at 10 mpg at roughly $4.00 a gallon. $5200.00

Financially, one would need to be able to be able to handle a breakdown on the road. I know of one couple who broke down in Fairbanks and they were stranded for over a week waiting on parts. One needs to be able to handle that sort of expensive pause in the trip.

They were lucky. Imagine breaking down on the Dalton. Can you afford a couple thousand dollar tow ? Spending a week in town waiting on parts? Etc. I think those are the real expense considerations to think about.

Hope this helps.

Wow. Thanks for those details. Lord, that was some expense on gas. My longest road trip was about 9,000 miles and I spent about $1,650 on gas in a gas guzzler too. I know I would hate to be stranded like some of those guys you mentioned and have to wait for parts.

This is a link to my longest road trip...

My longest road trip...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz