our new tiger 4x4

lqhikers

Adventurer
mark harley.

thanks for remarks,i to would of liked a standard trans but went with
auto for two reasons.
1. the wife is more confident with auto when she drives,also because of next reason
we wanted to be sure if needed she would be able to drive out.(we spend 99% of our time
by ourselves).

2. the last standard trans we had was a 2008 4x4 toyota 6 speed,loved it but
on one of our tips we had a crash on our dual sport motorcycle,screwed up my
right arm,had to sell toyota as i could not drive for long periods,arm would give
out. (have to admit i now do like the auto) arm is now 100% but i have a good memory!.

Les,lqhikers

ed604

Adventurer
Hello Les,

I really liked the little storage compartment that you made, well done. I also like the idea about mounting the fishing rods where you did, I just might have to pay you the ultimate complement by copying that.

looks great,
Ed

lqhikers

Adventurer
keeping it real.

latest update on our tiger.

now that we have pretty much broken in the tiger a few glitches have showed up nothing major..

at the rear of sofa (back of tiger under window) there are 2 doors that lift up to give access to

storage area,we use for boots,sandals,water shoes.the doors are made of press board with vinyl laminate

which has come loose and peeled off,so i removed doors,hinges etc and made a removable cover with magnetic catches

problem solved.

a bigger glitch was the propane regulator,it is for some reason located in the drivers rear wheel well,it has a plastic

cover on the reg,but it is not sealed so road grime mud etc can pack in,under extreme conditions (normal for us backroad, trail people)

i could of relocated it but decided to leave it in position and seal it up,did this by running a breather hose out of cover up to the frame

with a piece if fine mesh on the end to keep insects from nesting,then the edges were sealed with putty tape which stays soft finished

off with whole unit wrapped in good old duct tape and secured with zip ties,problem solved and it is still easy to get to.

on the project list is the need to add a low wattage nite light as the led lights which are great are way to bright when you need

to get up at night !

really loving our tiger!

Les,lqhikers

jebers53

Observer
latest update on our tiger.

now that we have pretty much broken in the tiger a few glitches have showed up nothing major..

at the rear of sofa (back of tiger under window) there are 2 doors that lift up to give access to

storage area,we use for boots,sandals,water shoes.the doors are made of press board with vinyl laminate

which has come loose and peeled off,so i removed doors,hinges etc and made a removable cover with magnetic catches

problem solved.

a bigger glitch was the propane regulator,it is for some reason located in the drivers rear wheel well,it has a plastic

cover on the reg,but it is not sealed so road grime mud etc can pack in,under extreme conditions (normal for us backroad, trail people)

i could of relocated it but decided to leave it in position and seal it up,did this by running a breather hose out of cover up to the frame

with a piece if fine mesh on the end to keep insects from nesting,then the edges were sealed with putty tape which stays soft finished

off with whole unit wrapped in good old duct tape and secured with zip ties,problem solved and it is still easy to get to.

on the project list is the need to add a low wattage nite light as the led lights which are great are way to bright when you need

to get up at night !

really loving our tiger!

Les,lqhikers
Appreciate the great modification write up! The regulator issue is a current hot topic on the yahoo tiger owners group, I will pass on your solution, if you could post a picture I know that would be greatly appreciated as well!

lqhikers

Adventurer
another mod.

Just incase it gets cold this winter i went ahead and added a gas line

tee'd into the stove feed. the little grey box is a flip up elect outlet cover

that is big enough for a flexible propane line with valve to slide out.

the wave heater is just held in position with a removable spring,these heaters

have zero clearance in the rear so can be mounted next to fuse panel without

causing any damage.

we like this heater as it does not use any 12v power and does not make any noise.

also is easy on propane consumption.

again we like to keep things simple and this mod is that.

Les,lqhikers

Attachments

• P1020044.JPG
    P1020044.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P1020045-001.JPG
    P1020045-001.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 37

jamesk

Observer
I think I have seen this tiger in death valley about 10 days ago... also at the shell gas station in Indian springs, nv in the past. Love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier