Our New Fuso FG Build

dlh62c

Explorer
Thanks for posting a link to your blog. You have a lot to do and not much time to do it in. Try not to burn yourself out.

Something that might prove helpful is to tape off the camper's interior space on the floor using painters tape. It'll help with spacial awareness as you move about the kitchen, bath, dinette and sleeping areas. CAD, short for Cardboard Aided Design might prove useful too.

A queen size bed takes up more space than you think.

Last edited:

deathbywanderlust

Scientist/ Adventurer
Yea we have laid out the floor plan on both CAD (doing most of our work on a cnc) and SketchUp, as well as we marked it out on the floor. We aren't using a queen bed, we went with a full. We've been very particular about making sure our sizing is right, though we have had to make changes due to some unexpected issues. But at this point, it's built, so not much we can do about adding more space.

dlh62c

Explorer
Are you planing to do most of the interior fit out yourself?

If so, your going to be spending a lot of energy going up and down a set of steps during the effort. Something stable will prove helpful as you need to carry materials and tools in and out. You might consider building a temporary set of steps with a small platform area in front of the door.

Last edited:

david506th

Adventurer
I will pull it up to my truck dock and enter that way when moving modules in. I installed a 30" door just for the reason of moving large items in and out.

david506th

Adventurer
It's amazing how much dirt, grime and gunk is found in your used fuso cab when you strip it down for dynamat.

david506th

Adventurer
Afternoon Folks,

I have been full bore on the build and am about finished with it. The constuction has been non-stop and we are getting to final pieces of linking the wires together and fitting the final water system bits. Maybe a bit more when I lock it all down.

IMG_3379.jpg

This picture is about a week old and since then the bathroom has been finialized, thetford C4 installed, all cabinets built and painted, all floor cabinets installed, inside primed, wires run, all brad and screw holes chaulked and cab floor truck bed lined.

S2DM

Adventurer
Looks great man! Must feel awesome to be so close, I'm jealous. The outbound windows look super clean in your installation.

Did you guys decide to do AC?

dlh62c

Explorer
I've been following the progress on your blog and Instagram posts. Morgan cargo bodies are well built and are a good platform to base a build off of.

Good Job!

Bris31

Adventurer
Afternoon Folks,

This picture is about a week old and since then the bathroom has been finialized, thetford C4 installed, all cabinets built and painted, all floor cabinets installed, inside primed, wires run, all brad and screw holes chaulked and cab floor truck bed lined.

Nice work but photos please :victory:

dtruzinski

Explorer
Great build and have been following your website for more pics and details (http://year5xplorers.com/). On Phase 3, you should plan to stop in and visit us in Pray, Montana on the Yellowstone River.

I noticed that your plans are to dump the C4 at dump stations. I have found that the easiest way to dump the cassette is to find a pit toilet. That larger hole comes in handy.

david506th

Adventurer
As I drive it about more I am still on the cautious side and wanting more stabilization. What is everyone doing to control body movement in relative to spring mounts? I am considering a semi-truck articulation joint for air-ride cabs to help control movement on basic highway driving.

dlh62c

Explorer
As I drive it about more I am still on the cautious side and wanting more stabilization. What is everyone doing to control body movement in relative to spring mounts? I am considering a semi-truck articulation joint for air-ride cabs to help control movement on basic highway driving.

Are you referring to truck cab movement or movement of the cargo body on the truck chassis frame rails?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online