Our New Fuso FG Build

dlh62c

Explorer
You can't go wrong with Challenger doors, their doors are often used in mobile event and concession trailers as well.

Your off to a good start on the build.

Before you start working on the interior fit-out. Drive the truck in the heaviest rain storm you can. You shouldn't have any, but any interior leaks in the cargo body will show up.

EAB

Observer
Very Nice. Do you have any more pictures/description of how you closed off the rear door. How was the boxes interior finished out when you received it.

david506th

Adventurer
Very Nice. Do you have any more pictures/description of how you closed off the rear door. How was the boxes interior finished out when you received it.

Still not received yet, Fleet Co in Pensacola, FL is doing the external fit-out. It is for the most part a shell, we will be doing all of the interior work ourselves.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Is the Morgan box structure steel or aluminum(or a mix)?
Thickness of walls?
Would they not enclose the rear for you?

dlh62c

Explorer
Thickness of walls?

Its a mix of steel, aluminum with a wood floor.

Wall thickness depends on body configuration and materials used.

Morgan does have their own internal engineering group and custom orders are available. To install a solid back wall, it's prudent that you install an entry door first.

Morgan's Web Site

Last edited:

david506th

Adventurer
Thickness of walls?

It is a steel frame with aluminum extrusions on the side and upper edges, the rear frame is steel as well since it usually holds a door. The walls are 3/8" FRP, 1/4" High Grade Plywood then glassed creating a complete wall. Morgan will not do the rear-wall, they will supply a panel but be prepared to argue with them and please their engineers. The Front edges are made of diamond plate and not aluminum sheet, as well they added extra roof bows and aluminum on the roof to support weight of walking. My walls when finished will be 2-1/2" thick.

dlh62c

Explorer
If I were to guess, you had to debate the hand holds on either side of the rear opening? You didn't want them, but Morgan said they had to be present for liability reasons.

It looks like there's no brake, tail and backup lights on the cargo body. I take it your planning on incorporating them into your rear bumper design?

david506th

Adventurer
If I were to guess, you had to debate the hand holds on either side of the rear opening? You didn't want them, but Morgan said they had to be present for liability reasons.

It looks like there's no brake, tail and backup lights on the cargo body. I take it your planning on incorporating them into your rear bumper design?

I really just forgot about the handrail but now it makes a good tie-down spot if needed. The brake and tail lights are temporary and will be included in a bumper I am having built.

david506th

Adventurer
We had a thin layer of diamond plate added to the roof over the thin membrane they call a roof. In normal trucking it is used to allow light into the interior of a cargo box but can be easily damaged, so be added more roof bows and diamond plate. Also allows us to mount our L-track for roof storage / mounting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior