Our Jeep WJ build MI

thehurlincrew

Jake and Tara Hurlin here, with our (sort of) shared 2004 Jeep WJ ... (Really the wife's ride, she picked it).

We can never have a daily driver that remains stock, all our cars tend to be multi-purpose, and with getting a Jeep it was obvious that we needed to build it into an expedition rig.

Most important thing was to have the V-8 as opposed to the V-6, but then the dark grey color won Tara over. It was completely stock when purchased and was surprisingly well cared for.

Current mods include:
Rough Country 4" short arm lift kit
Quick disconnect front sway bars
32" Duratrack tires
Superchips programmer
3" exhaust
Airrade intake tube
Bushwacker fender flares
50" LED light bar and luggage rack
Front bumper now complete
10K Whinch ( delivered today)

In progress in the garage:
*Welding together rear has tire carrier mount.

Gadgets gathered for weekend expeditions:
First aide kit
Tool kit
Emergency Kit
Kitchen kit
Machete, knife, axe
Offroad traction Mats
High lift jack

Further wants:
Screened in Awning
Front and rear air lockers
Rear/backup lights
On BoardAir compressor

Solar power generator
Rock sliders (there's a bit of rust starting on rocker panels anyway)
Upgrade to long arm kit.

i will post photos once it will let me.... it says i cant post links... ( from photobucket)

Last edited:

jpat30

Adventurer
Welcome to the Portal. Always good to have another WJ around, I have an 03 myself and love it. Post up some pics when you have a chance.

thehurlincrew

would love to but it says i cant post links.... ( trying to post from photobucket... ) and i cant upload from my computer.... silly. Can't event load photos off my phone from tap talk..

Last edited:

c_ema

Observer
Welcome to the portal, interesting Overland badge, where do you bought it?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

thehurlincrew

yes its a flatlands front bumper, pretty decent DIY kit. also got the rear bumper with tire swing out, thats my next project... also did a late night wintch install our smitty 10K winch showed up so what better to do then install it with a storm on the horizon.... good old MI Weather IMG_1192.JPG

snekvasil

Adventurer
I like your Jeep! Traverse City is one of my favorite places...I used to live in the SW corner of the state (right around St. Joe).

K2ZJ

Explorer
yes its a flatlands front bumper, pretty decent DIY kit. also got the rear bumper with tire swing out, thats my next project... also did a late night wintch install our smitty 10K winch showed up so what better to do then install it with a storm on the horizon.... good old MI Weather

Great looking rig. I am about to install the rough country 4" lift as well and will later order the front longarm upgrade from IRO. I have a set of their sliders. Let us know how the rear bumper turns out, I was going to order both front and rear. I hope to make them out of aluminium.

thehurlincrew

Great looking rig. I am about to install the rough country 4" lift as well and will later order the front longarm upgrade from IRO. I have a set of their sliders. Let us know how the rear bumper turns out, I was going to order both front and rear. I hope to make them out of aluminium.

man that be great weight savings to make them out of aluminium... but that would be alot of tig welding...

K2ZJ

Explorer
Nah, I would mig then touch up with tig. I am super lucky to have a friend who runs a fabrication shop that let's me work in there. It will cost more but I think it is worth it.

chasespeed

Explorer
Nice.

Ive been waiting to see the Flatlands rear bumper.

Dont really NEED the armor, just winch, and a place to mount the spare....

Anyway, WJ looks great.

Chase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online