Our 2015 Tundra!!

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
As it turns out....the 2006 Tundra didn't work for what we need, so here we go..

Our new..new...family hauler and exploration rig. A 2015 Tundra Limited Crewmax in gorgeous Radiant Red.

This truck will soon be the new flagship for Toyota Cruisers & Trucks Magazine, and we're hoping to feature her at SEMA show this November.
17124026810_d634526dba_z.jpg

What should we modify first??

Nevermind.

Current photo:
19323972503_db87ca3454_c.jpg

Mods to date:
BOSS Lift Kit from Toytec Lifts with ICON Vehicle Dynamics UCAs.
TRD Pro Grille, wheels, exhaust & styling from Toyota Racing Development & Ken's Colors Inc.
Front bumper by Rock Slide Engineering holding a 12K winch from COMEUP as well as Rigid LEDs
Nitto Terra Grappler G2's from Discount Tire Direct
A sweet American Work Cover Jr. roll-up from Truck Covers USA
Dominator sliders from Demello Off-road.
The truck came from the great guys & gals at Larry H. Miller Toyota of Colorado Springs

You can keep up with this build at http://tctmagazine.net/explorer

Last edited:

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
Curious why the 06 wasn't working out? The 2015 looks great! I think it needs less chrome. :sombrero:

zidaro

Explorer
for mods.

What are your ultimate plans/direction to take this?

adventure travel? crawler? mall tours?

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
Curious why the 06 wasn't working out? The 2015 looks great! I think it needs less chrome. :sombrero:

There are a few safety features in the '15 that the '06 didn't have (gotta keep momma happy), but most of all we were looking for a new flagship truck for TCT Magazine...this will fit the bill when she's done.

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
for mods.

What are your ultimate plans/direction to take this?

adventure travel? crawler? mall tours?

This is now my DD, but it's also now our only trail-worthy rig (well, almost trail worthy).

I can't really say the build will be mild, so adventure travel (both on and off pavement) is probably a good term.

We really like the look of the TRD Pro models, but didn't like the price tag..so we'll be doing a few cosmetic mods to get closer to a TRD Pro look...including de-chroming the entire thing. Other mods will include:
3" front / 1.5" rear lift
285/75R17 tires on TRD Pro wheels
Dual exhaust
Front bumper
Skid plates
Rock rails
ARE Topper
Multi-band Ham radio
and so on....

We may be doing the 'big' reveal at a little event this May =)

zidaro

Explorer
I've never missed a larger bed. But I sure love having a huge cab when it snowing and raining

I love my icon suspension, both off and off-road

Dechroming is a waste of time and $$ IMO. Looks great

Oem Trd wheels really limit you to tire sizes and fit emt due to their offset. Make sure it will work for u

Right now to get it in the dirt. Tires

CYK

Adventurer
As it turns out....the 2006 Tundra didn't work for what we need, so here we go..

10906131_10153064754899834_4476427744728538713_n.jpg

Our new..new...family hauler and exploration rig. A 2015 Tundra Limited Crewmax in gorgeous Radiant Red.

This truck will soon be the new flagship for Toyota Cruisers & Trucks Magazine, and we're hoping to feature her at SEMA show this November.

What should we modify first??

If your parking lights are on, do you have to go into the system to make sure that you use the LED as DRLs? I've seen new Tundras with those ugly amber lights on as daytime driving lights when they have LEDs at their disposal. I'm wondering if it's just user unfamiliarity that they're choosing ugly incandescent lights. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior