OREIDAVADAH Adventure 2015

IdahoXJ

IdahoXJ
For those who remember that I had a problem with my rig and could only run in 2WD the second half of the trip. As it turned out it was the locker came apart and loose bolts and such chunked the ring and pinion at the same time. Cost me over $1400 to get it fixed (included replacing the air locker). Back in good form again.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
For those who remember that I had a problem with my rig and could only run in 2WD the second half of the trip. As it turned out it was the locker came apart and loose bolts and such chunked the ring and pinion at the same time. Cost me over $1400 to get it fixed (included replacing the air locker). Back in good form again.

Ouch! Good thing for hubs.

RandyP

Adventurer

Similar thing happened to my rear air locker about a year ago. But I had to pull the rear axle shafts and rear drive shaft and continue on the front axle because the rear r-p teeth were so chewed up that the pieces jammed between the diff housing and air locker third member locking it in place, would not rotate. same outcome, new arb locker, r-p, bearings and setup. About the same cost or more.

Glad to read that yours is fixed now. looking forward to next year in Idaho.

Last edited:

driver61

Adventurer
Robinson Hole claimed the life of friend yesterday...This place is not to be taken lightly. It is unforgivable.
Brett

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I sure didn't take it lightly and no one should. Sorry to hear you lost a friend. Was it a roll over?

RandyP

Adventurer
Robinson Hole claimed the life of friend yesterday...This place is not to be taken lightly. It is unforgivable.
Brett

Sorry to hear that. There are definatly places along the route into and out of Robinson hole where there is '0' margin for driving error. Mechanical failure or malfunction could also result in fatal consequence. Is there an effort to help his family in some way that might allow my support?

driver61

Adventurer
Randy, I don't know if they have got that far...I know right now there is a lot grieving...A select few of us have been asked to go help recover the vehicle and get it out of the ravine. These people are part of my Jeeping family and it is extremely tragic. I will private message you. Thanks for your concern

cw90yj47

Observer
Brett

So sorry to hear about your friend. Robinson hole is monster with great challenges, so much beauty. Do hope you, and your buddies can get the Rig out safely.

CW

driver61

Adventurer
We got it out... We took a small dozer in and it went very smooth. Emotional day for all, and relieved it's done.

jeremyk

Adventurer
Oh man, that is so heavy and I am so sorry to hear of your loss Brett. Obviously I have no details whatsoever but, that area is very sketchy, I felt that I was on the verge of rolling over more than once. I am so glad that I was driving with such an experienced group.

RandyP

Adventurer
We got it out... We took a small dozer in and it went very smooth. Emotional day for all, and relieved it's done.

Good to hear that the vehicle recovery effort was successful and is complete. If you don't mind me asking, did you take the Dozer in from the south or east ?

driver61

Adventurer
Came up from Murphys Hot Springs on to the Island...Unloaded it at Daves Creek... Drove it in...So, yes from the west headed East

Last edited:

hansshanks

This trip is just what my griefs and I have been looking for. We did a 3 day trip this spring thru Oregon, Nevada and Idaho starting in Nyssa and ending on the rock trails near silver city. We are based out of the boise area. Excellent trip report

owyheerat

Adventurer
I am very interested in this as well. It would be awesome if we could get a group together. I really wanted to go in 2015, but life didn't allow it. I hoping for a equal in 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94