OREIDAVADAH Adventure 2015

RandyP

Adventurer
Thank you for your hospitality

Brett & Richard, thank you for your hospitality, the meet & greet with lunch at Thompson Motorsports shop to start the adventure and Dinner at the Golf Course Country Club when we returned to Jerome seven days later.

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Great report. Tell us more about all the repairs and welding going on during various days.

I think it's covered in the many preceding pages; quick recap. Charlie had more than his share of trouble. Two flats and a broken link bracket which was welded trail side. Randy had a bolt in his caliper cause an issue that was never clear to me. Brett broke a shock on his trailer which also was welded. Good thing Randy was carrying an onboard welder. Crash had his fabbed rear bumper and tire carrier break and almost fell off completely. My issues were all electrical: snapped my dual band antenna off at the base, my CB mike proved to be defective and the trailer plug crapped out leaving me with no brakes or lights.

Might have been other problems but that's all I remember. Despite the trouble it was a memorable trip.

cw90yj47

Observer
Just got back for Camping this weekend. Took my new trailer for a beak-in.

Also can't say enough on how great everyone was. Big thanks to Brett, and his local buddy Tracy. They really know the area, and were knowledgeable on the History. Which makes it more interesting.

As far a carnage. Ya, rthings happen. And I had my fair share. Can't thank Randy, Brett, and Shane enough for all their help..... I'm ready to do it again....

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=295764&d=1437370818&thumb=1&stc=1

Attachments

• 2015-07-15 Kern Riv 2015 003.jpg
    2015-07-15 Kern Riv 2015 003.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 17

RandyP

Adventurer
Camp Day 1 at Silver City Idaho

image.jpg

Day 2 camp at three forks in Oregon.

image.jpg

Day 3 camp at Big Bend campground in Nevada.

image.jpg

Day 4 camp at Robinson Hole in Nevada.

image.jpg

Camp Day 5 Delano Well, NV

image.jpg

Fuel Day 5 Grouse Creek, Utah

image.jpg

Camp Day 6 City of Rocks Breadloaves Group Camp Idaho

image.jpg

Last edited:

RandyP

Adventurer
Day Seven
Brett drove home at the end of Day six to be with his Family. The evening of Day 6 brought Thunder & Lighning storm with Rain. It was exciting and all seemed to enjoy the show. More rain that night but Margaret, Marnie & I slept thru it to wake up to a beautiful sunny morning Day 7. The morning of Day seven at the Bread loaves group camp in City of Rocks, we split up as a group. Frenchie & Ace headed NE for another overland adventure, Shane started the long drive home to the South East, Crash drove the pavement to the Thompson Motorsports shop for rear bumper weld repair.
Tracy, Jeremy, Charlie & Randy continued the adventure thru the forest toward Magic Mountain.
The route Northwest to Jordan led by Tracy took us thru the small community of Oakley and then past Lower Goose Creek Reservoir. As we gained elevation headed for Magic Mountain the vegetation changed to tall pine trees that provided a canopy over the two tack jeep trail. Lush spring time green and windflowers where once again ours to enjoy. We missed a turn West to Magic Mountain Ski area that would have put us on the Rock Creek road toward Hansen (Tracy's preferred route thru the forest). After some confusion and traveling back and forth, I got frustrated and decided to take the most direct route out (in my opinion) toward Murtaugh, East of Hansen. Since I had the welder on board, Charlie had little choice but to follow along since his rear axle pan hard bar bracket might break again. Jeremy had navigating GPS mapping soft wear on his IPad and could see the way out. I had not downloaded the detailed maps for magic mountain and could not clearly see the way out. Tracy became the Tailgate Charlie under protest but made sure we all stuck together and got out as a group. I'm sure Rock Creek would have been a more scenic route out of Magic Mountain.
Upon reaching the pavement near Murtaugh Reservoir, Tracy and Charlie took the two lane roads West, Charlie to Jordan and Thompson Motor Sports for axle weld repair and new rear tires and Tracy toward home in Buhl, NV.
Jeremy & I ended up in Twin Falls for lunch where Jeremy started the next leg of his adventure toward Moab Utah where he might have met up with his brother for some time in the area south of Moab.
Margaret, Marnie and I found our way to the Best Western Motel in Jerome, and then Marnie & I moved on to Thompson Motorsport shop after a stop at a car wash where I found Charlie blowing the mud off of his jeep. I used $28 in quarters to get the mud off my jeep and trailer. Then on to the shop, where field welds on Charlie's rear axle were upgraded to shop welds, I learned how to remove tires from Mickey Thompson beadlock aluminum wheels (not an easy chore, but with three of us working the tire irons and hi-lift jack, we got the old BFG tires off the rims). Margaret took a taxi to Twin Falls for a Manacures & Peticure. Back to the motel for showers where we were pleasantly surprised with an invitation from Richard for Dinner at the country club. A great last day to our Oreidavadah adventure.

Last edited:

RandyP

Adventurer
Day 7 pics:

Leaving City of Rocks.
image.jpg

Lower Goose Creek Reservoir
image.jpg

Trees?
image.jpg

Wild flowers!
image.jpg

Green.
image.jpg

Local housing.
image.jpg

Back on the 4 lane freeway to Jordan?
image.jpg

Photos do not display for me today, in edit mode the link to the photos has not changed, wonder what happened?
Photos are displaying today, don't know what changed...

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
The thread has gotten so long I can't remember what photos I posted last. So here are a few more from the last couple of days. Adios amigos.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437511108.148421.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437511172.833989.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437511219.538952.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437511270.006962.jpg

RandyP

Adventurer
Day 7 maps

Bread Loaves to Oakley
image.jpg

Oakley to Lower Goose Creek Reservoir
image.jpg

Lower Goose Creek Reservoir to Badger Gulch
image.jpg

Badger Gulch to Bostettler
image.jpg

Bostettler to pavement