OREIDAVADAH Adventure 2015

driver61

Adventurer
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS UNTIL I FINISH THE REPORT!
This will take me a few days
Thanks for understanding,
Brett

driver61

Adventurer
Let's start with an introduction...My name is Brett Thompson (owner of Thompson Motorsports, Jerome ID). I am not an Ol' Fart, but I volunteered to help map and plan a route for the Ol' Fart group through one of the most remote area's in the lower 48. A challenge I accepted with great honer. Thus, the OREIDAVADAH Adventure was born. A route that would prove to be extremely beautiful and challenging in many different facets. It took us through 4 states, Oregon-Idaho-Nevada-Utah, (hince the name). The majority of this trip was designed to be driven on dirt, mostly on rugged 2 track, and was put together to include historic sights and awesome camp spots...

driver61

Adventurer
DAY 1 :

Day one started with a meet and greet and show and shine at Thompson Motorsports along with a tour of the raceshop... TMS is a NASCAR shop that houses the #61 and #46 cars for the NASCAR K&N Pro-Series. We also do a lot of custom fabrication and hot rod restorations. After the meet and greet we all enjoyed a pizza and salad lunch and loaded up in our rigs headed for our first camp spot.

List of attendee's: Brett T
Ace
Frenchie
Randy P
Charlie
Tracy
Shane
Crash
Rich
Jeremy

Last edited:

driver61

Adventurer
With everyone behind their wheel and ready to roll...We left Jerome, ID and headed to Silver City, ID. This was a mostly asphalt day to get us to our real start point. Silver City is a historic mining town that is in the process of being restored. We found a great camp spot along the river that was large enough to accommodate the entire group. After we all got set-up and comfortable, individuals set out to explore the town.

driver61

Adventurer
Night one was brought us a cool evening and a small rain shower...Randy made repairs to a brake caliper and we sat around a small campfire. Everyone was up and ready to leave camp by 8am the next morning.

DAY 2:

We left camp and did a small parade through Silver City, pointing our rigs toward Jordan Valley, OR. We made quick work of the mountain road and everyone fueled up and restocked on ice and other groceries...Today's plan is to leave Jordan Valley, take a 2-track trail around South Mountain and head southwest to 3-Forks, OR for camp #2. The South Mountain trail proved to be very scenic with plenty of lush forest and beautiful wildflowers. We stopped next to a creek for lunch and made our way back into the desert. The road to 3-Forks is a long straight dirt road that had some serious mud holes left from the recent rains. I would bet this road is impassable during a rain storm. Everyone got through just fine with the exception of Mr. Charlie. :yikes: He didn't want to get muddy, so he attempted to crawl slow through the mud and paid dearly for it. (our first stuck)
Dropping down into 3-Forks was beyond gorgeous! And we settled on another camp spot along the river large enough for the whole crew. Everyone took time to enjoy the water before dark, and we all went to bed tired but refreshed.

Oldmancrash

Adventurer
1 more from Silver city.
20150606_084518 (Large).jpg

We had a great lunch in the race shop and it was a LOT of fun doing the meet and greet. I could tell I was in with a great group of people and going to have a lot of fun. When we arrived at our first nights camp we had a nice creek and yes it is a creek not a crek LOL. First day down and dreams of what tomorrow will bring.

Oldmancrash

Adventurer
I only have a few saturday pictures. I think I was in aw of the country we were traveling through so much I forgot about my camera
20150606_094424 (Large).jpg

20150606_094807 (Large).jpg

20150606_110658 (Large).jpg

20150606_110802 (Large).jpg

20150606_143109 (Large).jpg

20150606_152804 (Large).jpg

20150606_153020 (Large).jpg

20150606_153041 (Large).jpg

20150606_181151 (Large).jpg

20150606_181245 (Large).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads