Ordering Scepter MCF from Canada

ChadHahn

Adventurer
A week ago I ordered two Scepter Military Custom Fuel Canister 20L Gasoline Red cans from DS Tactical in Canada along with a spout and wrench. They arrived today. The price shipped was $190.00 with a foreign transaction fee. Each can was $69 Canadian with a shipping charge of $59 Canadian. At today's rate that is $52.50 U.S. per can and $44.14 U.S. shipping.

I'm not affiliated with DS Tactical and am not even sure that they are the cheapest game in town but they were easy to deal with and I got the cans quickly.

Chad

Scepter MFC

Reason they used before when shipping MFCs from Canada to US was because the container was labeled a fuel can and was not CARB approved. When the CARB requirements went into effect there was another Canadian tactical dealer that had been shipping to the US, but all imports into the US was halted by customs of all Non-CARB approved cans labeled "fuel". This is why most US suppliers of non-CARB approved containers now label and title their containers "utility containers". Before CARB they were called Fuel Jugs.

Those cans are obviously designed and marked to contain fuel but are not CARB approved. Congrats to the OP for getting them and hopefully customs has started ignoring them.

bj70_guy

Adventurer
For probably the first time in my life, the store being discussed is not half-way around the world from me, but a mere five minute drive! I've passed by that store hundreds of times, but never stopped. Now I have a reason to check them out.

Lots of good stuff at DS Tactical (it's still just Dave's Surplus to me...), hang on to your wallet :D
When you're done there cross the street and grab a roti at D Roti Shak, highly recommended.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Interesting they will ship. Years ago when the MFC/US situation unfolded and US Scepter dealers were getting "do not sell" notes, Canadian retailers including DST wouldn't touch shipping any thing including parts to the US. I went as far as to contact Scepter direct to try and order some misc. spares and they were less than concerned with my leaking fuel cans (cracked flanges) and stood by the "nothing going to the US" mantra. I'm passing the DST link to a friend who's been on the hunt for some new MFC's.

I just received word from the inside that they are able to ship MFCs and spouts to the US but shipping is very costly. So sounds like something has changed with customs and Scepter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz