Ordering an F350 - need advice

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Nice ride.

Was it hard negotiating a deal when you order instead of buying from inventory? I can’t get any of the Ford dealers to order an F150 without taking a substantial hit on price.

When I lived in Hawaii I ordered my truck through Bob Smith motors in Billings Montana. They got me A plan pricing. After dealing with the only dealership on Maui and getting sick of their shenanigans I was willing to do the extra leg work. Jon Scott took extremely good care of me. https://www.bobsmithmotors.com been a few years.

Jake's_dad

Was it hard negotiating a deal when you order instead of buying from inventory? I can’t get any of the Ford dealers to order an F150 without taking a substantial hit on price.

It depends on what you consider "a substantial hit". I definitely could have gotten a little better deal on a truck off the lot, but I wasn't able to find a truck that was close enough to what I wanted. I was still able to order my truck at $2000 under invoice + $5500 in incentives.

If the dealers in your area aren't willing to deal that much, you may have to shop around other areas and travel to get the price you want.

I know my dealer will pick you up at the airport, you just have to buy a plane ticket to Boise:).

Cackalak Han

Explorer

It depends on what you consider "a substantial hit". I definitely could have gotten a little better deal on a truck off the lot, but I wasn't able to find a truck that was close enough to what I wanted. I was still able to order my truck at $2000 under invoice + $5500 in incentives.

If the dealers in your area aren't willing to deal that much, you may have to shop around other areas and travel to get the price you want.

I know my dealer will pick you up at the airport, you just have to buy a plane ticket to Boise:).

Thanks. "Substantial hit" meaning, the dealer will give me the factory discount ($4500 to $5500), but no dealer discount. So it would be priced ~$6k higher...

Jake's_dad

Were the side steps a bolt-on affair? Do they make a difference in regards to ease of ingress?
They are a bolt-on. These trucks are pretty tall, they make a huge difference getting in and out of the truck. They are really nice cast aluminum with a textured finish. I paid $300 for them as new take-offs on ebay.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
They are a bolt-on. These trucks are pretty tall, they make a huge difference getting in and out of the truck. They are really nice cast aluminum with a textured finish. I paid $300 for them as new take-offs on ebay.

Thanks. They look really nice on that truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles