ORC Double Sill Protection rock-slider/Step Install

smeiman

I bought the ORC rock sliders/step from Jack at Jackwagon and I am extremely happy with them.
The basic install was easy just remove the stock sideboards and install the ORC rock-sliders/step using the same holes. Where you run into a problem is on the 2012 and maybe other years is the drivers side exhaust system runs very close to the rock sliders and causes a vibration. It was driving me crazy but I figured out how to fix the rattling of the muffler on the ORC rock slider.
1647216797449.png
Step 1 unbolt the rubber mount and slide them off the muffler rods.
Step 2 unbolt mounting bracket (far right side of the bracket) from the frame
1647216797494.png
Step 3 move the rubber mount over one hole away from the rock slider side and mark the right side hole on the frame (metal punch works well)
Drill a new hole on the frame for the right-side of each rubber mount.
Step 5 threw bolt the right side of the rubber mount back on to the frame. Use a threaded locknuts on the side you drilled to secure.
Step 6 Enjoy
1647216797547.pngCheers!
Shawn Meiman

jdnyc79

Hey Shawn- I think I am having the same rattling issue as you with the ORC Rock sliders on my 2003 G500. Thanks for posting your solution. Any updates on how it is holding up? Anything you would do differently with some hindsight? Thanks again, Josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles