Opus OP-15

LimaMikeMike

Observer
I’ve been kind of watching the smaller trailer market for a bit now and it appears there is some exciting stuff happening.

I was checking out the OPUS Australia site and they have a new trailer the OP-15, like most aus trailers I thought man that would be nice to have here. A bit more googling and I managed to find these pics

789278A7-EB90-4B3E-AA22-7A7875FEB30C.jpeg

405EF3ED-D4EB-4504-B2E5-B068521CFD24.jpeg

They were from rv trader a US site, located in Denver Colorado to be exact. When I click on the link it takes me to an other opus ad, which is in itself not strange. This trailer as opposed to the ones on the Australian Opus website is R/H entry like most mainstream North American trailers.

Does anyone know anything about this? Judging by the price of their inflatable tent trailer it won’t be cheap.

The Opus trailers are also manufactured in China for at least the Aus market, is that the case for N/A as well?

TroySmith80

Adventurer
B&B in Denver has quite a few campers that are of more interest to the folks on this site than your average RV dealer. Last fall I was there and they had the Opus, Into The Wild - Boreas, Crux, Taxa, Intech (I think) and i saw a Black Series that was there for service, not sure if they carry them.

Piophan

I talked to Matt (ITW owner) at the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally last week. It sounds like the XT4 isn’t going to be quite ready by January. It seems like it’s going to be really awesome when it is done, though.

As for B&B RV, we bought our Crux from Adam there in March. I can’t recommend the place enough. Adam was really great to work with and they have helped since the sale as well.

You might also check out the Crux Hut which looks like its the same trailer as the Black Series HQ15. It probably won’t cost as much as the Black Series. They have shown exterior pictures of the Crux Hut on their social media but nothing else yet.

LimaMikeMike

Observer
The XT4 appears to be what I’m looking for. I was hoping to pull the trigger next spring.

The Crux Hut looks great as well, depending on specs I’d consider it. Thanks for that.

I also considered Off Grid Trailers as they’re local to me, what they make would work if it was just me I was shopping for. I have been told a indoor loo is non negotiable.

Last edited:

slindn

That OP-15 from Opus looks like it might fit what I'm looking for. I don't see any pictures of the internal layout. Does the guy at B&B have any more info?

hscoots

Escape Trailer(from canada) are coming out with a an off-road version of their 17ft model. It's more of an experimentation on their end, but I am curious to see how it turns out before making a decision next camper. Their sales guy said it will be later in Fall when something comes out.

Grassland

Escape Trailer(from canada) are coming out with a an off-road version of their 17ft model. It's more of an experimentation on their end, but I am curious to see how it turns out before making a decision next camper. Their sales guy said it will be later in Fall when something comes out.
Its about time. Hope they beef up the frames significantly.

TroySmith80

Adventurer
Saw an opus 15 at a campground last week. I should have asked for a tour. Just watched the 14 minute video and saw how the rear bed enclosure opens up. I'm curious how well that works. Is it solid? Leaky /drafty? Pretty neat idea. Not unlike the apache pop up camper from the 70s.

Im hoping to build a custom camper and lately have been leaning towards the side pop out bed like the intech explorer but this may be a better way that the tent type pop out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior