Optima Batteries SEMA 2015 Build

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Funny that this thread popped back up, my FB feed reminded me that we started our portion exactly 1 year ago. Time flies.

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
Any concerns about a plastic material warping with temperature fluxuations? Or was there some extra space factored in for it to grow?

I know the starboard I used changes shape quite a bit with the seasons.

I researched the material quite a bit and talked with one of the engineers at King Plastics before pulling the trigger. I did leave some room for it to move as per the manufacturer's recommendations. They gave me some specs and common practices to follow. I don't believe it will be a problem.

Just curious how the starboard worked out long term?
I have a new project and would like to use a similar system of 80/20 and starboard panels.

Thanks
Danny

Battman

Just curious how the starboard worked out long term?
I have a new project and would like to use a similar system of 80/20 and starboard panels.

Thanks
Danny

Sorry for the delay replying...

The Starboard material has been awesome. I would definitely use it again.

Vandit

Observer
It got to $80,277.77 on the first go around, but didn't meet reserve. I think I saw it listed somewhere for $89k so I think the reserve will be somewhere in that neighborhood although he did lower it going into the last day I think to try to encourage a few more bids. Sweet van, worth every penny.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
It got to $80,277.77 on the first go around, but didn't meet reserve. I think I saw it listed somewhere for $89k so I think the reserve will be somewhere in that neighborhood although he did lower it going into the last day I think to try to encourage a few more bids. Sweet van, worth every penny.

Ok so I wasn't crazy. I thought I had seen $85k(buy-it-now IIRC). Overall, an immense value!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles