Opinions wanted

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Thought I would post this here for people's opinions, since I can't seem to make up my mind.

I picked up some rims for cheap that are the same as the ones on my truck, with the intent of putting them on the camper. A couple reasons why:
1) having all tires match means less spare tires to carry.
2) This is, after all, intended to be used off-road so it would help with clearance along approach and departure angles.
3)looks

Here are a couple reasons why I'm hesitant to put them on:
1) I need wheel adapters that are 2" thick for them to clear due to the back spacing (and they aren't cheap) so the track width would be wider than my truck.
2) the rim and tire combo looks huge. I would be going from 13" rims and 24" tires to 18" rims and 32" tires.
3) would need to do something different for stabilizer jacks

Here is a picture with the combo with the trailer sitting at the height it would be at. It looks a little goofy because it it away from the trailer since they are too large to fit under the current fenders (I am planning on different fenders anyways, these were just cheap and easy)

Here it is as it sits now.

So, go ahead with the matching rims, keep what I have, or look for something in between the two?

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Keep what you have. With the looks of your truck your are not hauling that trailer over boulders so you don't need them. It will pull better down low on the hi way as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles