Opinions on skis

I rock a set of Bandit B2s currently and am looking to get a more off-piste/backcountry specific ski. I've owned a set of Vokle Snow Rangers and a set of Atomic Heliguides in the past so I know what I am getting into with a wider ski. I have an opportunity to purchase 1 of the following sets of freeride boards so some feedback would be great:

07 K2 Apache Chief
07 Solomon 1080 Gun
07 Rossignol Scratch BC
06 Rossignol Bandit B4

Yea I could go for a newer ski but I don't see where I have to spend the money as I can get a super deal on the 4 named above. I'm 6' and around 205-8lbs. I'm not as aggressive as I was 10 years ago (just turned 50) but I still like to ski the backside and find the deep stuff. The B2's did it for awhile but I don't want to work that hard in soft Sierra/Mammoth mank anymore hence the wider ski.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I have the Rossi Cut 11.5 which was the widest ski at the time that Rossi made and eventually became the Bandit series. I put tele bindings on them and they are my utility ski. I have extra wide skins for them for back country trips and since I dont spend much time on the groomed runs at resorts they are also my resort skis. I would go with as wide a ski as you are comfortable with, to me it's worth the extra weight.

Thanx and yea I hear you on width which is why I am leaning towards the K2's which I have had a chance to demo as well. My second choice is the B4 simply because I like my B2's so much. I am figuring that if they are simply a wider version of the B2...then it should be a very sweet deep snow ski.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles