Opinions on Hallmark please...

NivekD

Roaming ROF
Hi Guys,

Just joined the site, love it. Lots of great info. Thanks for havin' me.

Been looking for a small pop up camper and ran across this one. Wanted to get your expert opinions on it. Kinda old but that's OK with me.
I'd have to travel about 3.5 hours to get it, so I'd like to know if it's worth it to go that far.
Using a 2007 Chevy Siverado 1500.

What ya think?

1980's Hallmark

TIA!

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
For that price, I would say go for it! Are you OK with the 12V only fridge? Many folks covert to this, but want to make sure.

There appears to be a slight bow in the roof at the front. This may or may not be an issue; I don't know anything about that roof type so I can't comment.

Looks pretty good for the price from what I can see, and it will get you out there. You can always upgrade later if you want, and you probably won't lose any money.

docdave

Aspiring overlander
A camper that old, any make, the big deal is maintainance and condition of the roof. It that's ok, the rest is probably ok too. At first glance it looks like it could be a good deal.

1stDeuce

Explorer
I've never heard of that model, but it certainly looks early 80's on the inside. The guys at Hallmark are pretty good at responding to e-mail, you might shoot them at quick one and ask if they can give you any info. As Doc says, if the roof and canvas are good, and the rest isn't rotten, it's probably worth what they're asking. Most "normal" hallmarks are made of wood... That one looks quite a bit different, and a lot more like a four wheel camper, so it's possible it's aluminum framed, which would make it much easier to deal with any water damage!

Let us know if you find out any more about it!!
Chris

subterran

Adventurer
FWIW - I think that's a handsome TC. Seems like a very good deal if the roof is intact. I like those rounded winders on sides and rear.

bob91yj

Resident **************
(SOME) Tents cost more than that camper. If the roof doesn't leak I'd jump on it, looks good in the pics. Even if you only get a couple of years out of it, it will have paid for itself, AND you'll find out if a pop up camper is the right fit for YOUR needs without breaking the bank.

Edit: went back and looked again, I think the bow in the roof is supposed to be there. If it was bowed the other way, I might be a little concerned. I'm thinking that may be some sort of rebadged 4 wheel camper as well, it sure looks like a 4WC. Wood or aluminum frame, if it's rot free I'd give the guy what he wants, pick it up and get the hell out of there before he changed his mind!

Last edited:

NivekD

Roaming ROF
Well, looks like I'm outta luck. Called him and it sold yesterday. So the hunt continues. Thanks for all your comments. You guys rock...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles