Opinions on Filon

Furaites

Well I am having issues getting FRP Skins. Emails go unanswered and calls well, calls lead to messaging servers...and I have yet to get calls back after weeks, and multiple attempts. Anyways....I got a lead on Filon...commonly used to skin the outside of RV's....anyone used it in the past?

Wanna use it to bond to the outside or inside of my panels to make the camper.

Just looking for thoughts on it all

Furaites

No one has used this in the past?

As I said I have tried suppliers for Versalite and Laminux up in Canada (Trying to stay East of Ontario), but to no avail.

Dalardan

I just rebuild the front half of my hard side truck camper removing the filon and putting it back.

The curved section is supple like a sheet, needed to build a foam curved frame under to support it (it was originally cardboard, never trust a RV manufacturer...)

The flat sections are Filon which is FRP with a gel coat over. Sturdy material, flex quite a bit so easy to manipulate. Easily patched with an Eternabond square.

My take on it : The surface finish is beautiful. It's heavy as hell. It's really easy to work with

high-and-dry

goto the diy trailer section and look on sawtooth unlimited thread, he used something much stiffer and cheaper than filon. He had to order 200 feet of it to get it shipped it cost him 2200 but if you can get to SC you dont need to buy as much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94