• ITS Tactical

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MiamiC70

Blue Ridge Overland

ITS Tactical

MiamiC70

Some do.
Some on here pay $400+ for a ”paella” cooker or $600+ for a set of orange injection molded plastic.

ITS usually have 15% off coupons floating around. However, I wouldn’t buy it loaded just the soft gear. I have my own medical supplies to stock it with.
People pay $100 for a bag full of band aids?
They have 15% off coupons floating around. However, I wouldn’t buy it loaded just the soft gear.

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
It all depends on what you want to put in the kit. You can put band aids in the kit or a trauma supplies. First aid supplies cost money.

The ITS kit is three pieces with first aid supplies that makes up a nice boo boo kit that is easy to get to.

Having first aid kit is best served by being easily accessible rather than buried. Also the supplies should be changed out every couple of years.

MiamiC70

It all depends on what you want to put in the kit. You can put band aids in the kit or a trauma supplies. First aid supplies cost money.

The ITS kit is three pieces with first aid supplies that makes up a nice boo boo kit that is easy to get to.

Having first aid kit is best served by being easily accessible rather than buried. Also the supplies should be changed out every couple of years.
I’ve got a Pelican 1300 which I keep in vehicle with medical supplies in back of vehicle.

My thoughts on the head backs is they are easier to get to and make one an lean IFAK and the other a Boo Boo kit with just basic stuff and meds. One of reasons I’m leaning toward the ITS Tactical over the Blue Ridge as seems they would be less bulky.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
If you’re serious about a blow-out kits then North American Rescue is the only way to go. If you want a boo-boo kit, that’s another matter, Adventure Medical makes some good ones in a multitude of sizes.

MiamiC70

As I mentioned, I already have the supplies for IFAK and boo-boo kits. Probably, enough for 3 or 4 IFAKs And god only knows how many boo-boo kits.

What I’m looking for is opinions on the soft gear (i.e. bags and deployment system) Blue Ridge vs. ITS Tactical. Blue Ridge is basically just a general purpose IFAK bag with Velcro on the back. ITS Tactical is a tri-fold bag system with a removable IFAK “lite” as well as Velcro backing. Blue Ridge is larger, has more room but is bulkier. ITS Tactical is about same size but not as deep. Also, it has open sides and sure you can overstuff it I’m not sure that is something I would want to do which is good as forces me to be more selective in what I put in there.

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
Currently out of stock and more than I'd pay but a nice idea Fieldcraft Survival mobility bag. To directly not answer your question :)

You can also get a set of smallish bags attached to a velcro sheet with a hanging loop for the headrest on Amazon, as suitable for a FAK as infront of a kids seat for toys snacks etc at around twenty something dollar similar to what you get by searching GJF Car Seat Storage Bag with Zippers in amazon. I have one of these plus one with removable bags but can't seem to find that one right now.

krick3tt

Adventurer
One of the members in the off road group I was in is an emergency SAR person and after a discussion we had I outfitted my FAC with a few more things. I assembled my kit with individual items rather than buying a ready made kit. I did go easier on the bandaids than many kits have as it is a more across the board kit including a suture kit and some other items. I used to live across the street form a Dr and some discussions we had made a believer in individual accessorized kits rather tham a one size fits all thing.
I do like the idea of the attachment to the headrest as it makes it easier to have someone else access the emergency supplies.
if I can't get to them.

MiamiC70

Currently out of stock and more than I'd pay but a nice idea Fieldcraft Survival mobility bag. To directly not answer your question :)

You can also get a set of smallish bags attached to a velcro sheet with a hanging loop for the headrest on Amazon, as suitable for a FAK as infront of a kids seat for toys snacks etc at around twenty something dollar similar to what you get by searching GJF Car Seat Storage Bag with Zippers in amazon. I have one of these plus one with removable bags but can't seem to find that one right now.
Very cool.

What I’m looking for is opinions on the soft gear (i.e. bags and deployment system) Blue Ridge vs. ITS Tactical. Blue Ridge is basically just a general purpose IFAK bag with Velcro on the back. ITS Tactical is a tri-fold bag system with a removable IFAK “lite” as well as Velcro backing. Blue Ridge is larger, has more room but is bulkier. ITS Tactical is about same size but not as deep. Also, it has open sides and sure you can overstuff it I’m not sure that is something I would want to do which is good as forces me to be more selective in what I put in there.

No experience with either, but I'd lean towards the ITS bag. It's like a tool roll, so it's easier to see everything, rather than a bag you have to flip through and dig around in. And while *you* may know what's in the IFAK, and where (when seconds count), someone who's helping you or treat you, doesn't.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Couple of other things to consider when specing a kit.

Accessibility by all occupants in the vehicle.
Accessibility for self-rescue.
Accessibility and functionality based on self-rescue injury.
Limit visibility due to possible theft.
Weather resistance (UV, cold, rain, heat, etc..) based on location.
Portability/carrying to scene.
Packability/carry while away from vehicle.
Training on use of stock supplies and improvised use of natural/available supplies.

Cheers!

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
This lot also make bags which appear easily navigated, recommended by Andrew St Pierre White at least. Maybe of a size you could velcro it behind the headrest? The home and workplace ones are maybe a better size than the vehicle one I think.

When with other people its important everybody knows where emergency supplies are.

Stickers help. I'm also thinking when I outfit our new rig I'll include a FAK accessible from the outside. In case of roll-overs/slides/pins where inside the cab IFAK is inaccessible. The old 2 is 1, 1 is none saying. Of course, it would be easily disconnected and hidden/stored when not in the appropriate environment. Opportunistic thieves suck ass.

MiamiC70

Went with the Blue Ridge Overland IFAK and a few pouches. So far looks solid, it’s a clamshell and it’s slimmer than it looks on some of the pictures online Which is what I was looking for.05000EF4-EE22-4112-91DB-741C8D9F8EEC.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles