Opinion on Rust?

Overdrive

Adventurer
I hate rust--live in a rust-free area-- so I really scrutinize undercarriage pics of all the vehicles I dream about buying.

This one looks like very minor surface rust, and really only on the lower half of the frame. I only see one thing-- that bolt at the left edge of the photo--that would want me to see more pics from that area. Bolts/nuts seem to be the thing that shows rust first. But still, overall, it looks like nothing to worry about.

billiebob

that is all surface rust
probably looked like that at one month old
buy with confidence

would help if you told us where you live

Last edited:

bikerdavet

Thanks for the replies. This one has 60K miles on it and the body is straight. Think I'll go look at it. He's asking 6500 for it.

Joe917

Explorer
Not an issue.
In Ottawa cars rust out before they age out. That looks like a 1 year old frame to me! Oil spray it to stop the rust and you're done.

Furaites

Well up here, I had to get the vehicle all rust checked and treated as soon as I bought. 3 mths after ownership when I was in an MVA and saw it at the body shop it looked worse then that.

Mine is a 2017...I doubt by 2048 there will be frame left.

Reactions: plh

billiebob

ahh Florida, it'll still look new in another 21 years... just stay out of the ocean and off the beach
thx for adding the state you love in, makes a world of difference as you can tell from the rust belt comments

and those knarly street tires mean it has likely never been off road, another huge plus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles