onspot auto snow chains

btggraphix

Observer
rigwelderstaco said:
just found these. thought it was an interesting idea.

http://www.onspot.com/

I read an newspaper article about them a year or two ago where they were fighting about if this met the requirements for chains on school buses or not. The drivers liked them for ease of use but local laws required chains on buses. That was in Park County Colorado....and I never did hear how the argument turned out. Seems like a pretty cool idea.

rynosurf

Adventurer
I am pretty sure they use something like that on the shuttles in Mammoth but I dont think they hang down that low when not in use. Pretty good idea if you use chains alot but don't need them on all the time.

Robthebrit

Explorer
I was following the school bus that drives up sugarloaf road in boulder county and it had something very similar.

Rob

KG6BWS

Explorer
i might have seen them and just didnt realize what they were. i was looking at chains on a site and thought these were kinda cool. be a helluvan idea if you had a truck, bus, plow, something of that nature.

joetool

Observer
We have these on some of our fire engines. They don't work that well. You have to be going at least 15 mph for centrifugal/centripetal force to throw them under the tire. I've helped the Sugarloaf bus driver when she had to stop and put chains on because the on-spots weren't working. On a side note; the fire engines are on Sugarloaf road...I had no idea anyone on expo was up here...

Joe
Silver Springs
'89 VW Westfalia Syncro
'05 Tacoma quad cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz