"One Piece At A Time" Build

Corneilius

Adventurer
Damn, you gots it going on duder! How have I not seen this!? I'm about to install the same foot pump for H2O that you have, how did you mount it, straight up screw it into the floor?

Ive got it mounted to an aluminum plate with machine screws, then the plate screwed to my plywood subfloor. Makes it easy to pull out to winterize. I still keep the jugs in there just pull the lines and pump. LOVE the foot pump vs electric

Thanks Rob, you coming to Van Camp?

Corneilius

Adventurer
Few updates, I added Air bags to the rear, great addition. Little stuff here and there, mostly just been using and enjoying it. Just got back from a bachelor party beach trip. Van did amazing.

Stopped at my parents house, three solid days of rain made a water crossing to get back out

Robert Pirsig died while I was away, so I was glad to have my least reliable and arguably most fun toy to Zen and Maintain

A little pickin' on the beach

devo 1

Adventurer
Just for curiosity I went back to the first post in this thread to see the original van. Then compared it to the beach pic, Whoa!

Corneilius

Adventurer
Looks like you were in Hatteras?

Outside Wilmington, Fort Fisher

I looked through your thread quick and didn't see how you mounted your spare tire? Did I miss something?

Hmm thought I had pictures of it, ill find some. I basically built an arm and a post. the post sits on the factory step bumper and is supported at the top by the hinge like Aluminess does. Hinges are 1/2" heim joints

Edit: best picture I've got in my album and its terrible sorry

JSwanson

Observer
I just read through your entire thread, well done sir!!! Your fab and design skills are top notch! Jealous of that shop, and you were right your boss is super cool to let you use that space and equipment. I am a huge fan of people using what others may see as useless or not worth putting time into, and making them into works of are that are so utilitarian. Can't say it enough cool build!

Corneilius

Adventurer
Small update, been tweaking a lot of little things. Polishing corners and adding features for an upcoming trip to Mass. Were staying with family for a couple days then heading to the Cape Cod oversand access area for hopefully some beach camping. Overall this will be our longest trip living in the van 8 days total. Were excited!

Upgraded our toilet to a 5 gallon model

Pulled my rear door panel and found that Mark III had just shoved this switch down inside the door. I CNC a little panel and flush mounted it, now I can lock/unlock doors from bed!

Added this to my factory radio for an AUX input, works great

I added some MOLLE panels I cut to the upper headliner thingy. Id like upper cabinets but really don't have the room. These have proven sooo handy for hanging and mounting little stuff.

I added a small panel to the 8020 cross bars to mount my required overland accessories lol. Seriously though the shovel is required for the beach access we plan. Along with a bunch of other strict requirements

Edit: yes they are zip tied on, I ran out of small cam straps. I still consider this a "toolless mount" since one should never be without a knife.

Will post trip and other upgrades as they come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier