One Man Trail - Solo Adventuring in a 2018 Tacoma DCLB

icedragonmx

Adventurer
Awesome build, I really like the look with the awning out and the now with the panel installed! Look forward to more pictures :)

Ryan Barnes

Observer
Do you have any more details on the iPad Pro magnetic mount, by chance?
I used two Magnetic flush mounts by Scosche, I found at Best Buy. You can get them on Amazon too. I had to make a metal bracket that mounts to the trim bezel but it was pretty easy and looks pretty clean. I don't have any other pics of it but soon I'll be starting a series of YouTube videos on my channel that will go over it and the other things in this thread in more detail.

www.YouTube.com/OneManTrail

UpperLeft86

Oh nice! I was actually looking at those Scosche mounts. I'll be keen to see how you did the brackets, looking forward to the video.

Garand

I just watched your day 18-19 videos, pretty good stuff dude! I rode the TAT a few years ago on a little dirt bike, we camped everynight along the way, I think you setup camp in the same spot as us on your Day 19.

1538108031250.png

i-HQnZD5F-L.jpg

Garand

I look forward to seeing your routing as you get into western Utah and NV, the TAT (as it was about 5yrs ago) ran through quite a few sections that wouldn't be very truck friendly.
Case in point, this epic section in northern NV that was pretty much a cattle trail for ~40 miles!

Did you talk about your planned route in any of your videos? I've seen you look at different overlays on your tablet a few times, but I haven't caught how you actually laid out your route? Obviously when I was planning our route I was using input from other motorcycle specific sources (ADVRIDER, etc) to be aware of sketchy/dangerous sections, is there similar source for the truck guys?

1538137232562.png

Another section that was outstanding was the Paiute Trail section in UT.
1538137760497.png
1538137800594.png

Ryan Barnes

Observer
I look forward to seeing your routing as you get into western Utah and NV, the TAT (as it was about 5yrs ago) ran through quite a few sections that wouldn't be very truck friendly.
Case in point, this epic section in northern NV that was pretty much a cattle trail for ~40 miles!

Did you talk about your planned route in any of your videos? I've seen you look at different overlays on your tablet a few times, but I haven't caught how you actually laid out your route? Obviously when I was planning our route I was using input from other motorcycle specific sources (ADVRIDER, etc) to be aware of sketchy/dangerous sections, is there similar source for the truck guys?

View attachment 475122

Another section that was outstanding was the Paiute Trail section in UT.
View attachment 475123
View attachment 475124
The official TAT has changed a bit since you rode it. It now turns North at the Nevada border and goes through Idaho then through Oregon. Arguably a much prettier route, but indeed one that is both moto and cage driver friendly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles