One-burner propane stove?

Biker Eagle

Observer
Biker Eagle,I don't see the one burner on their site.How much does it cost?
Thanks.
Chet, the 1 burner Partner stove is sold through OK4WD and was $209. You're right that the stove isn't on Partner's website, and the only way a guy knows their available is through word-of-mouth.

robert

Expedition Leader
Now that you have one of the butane stoves you need to find your local Korean/Asian store and buy a stonewear Korean griddle; they are designed to sit correctly on the stoves. Samgyupsal time! The Asian groceries should have the butane cartridges cheaper than anywhere else (I paid like $5.50 for four the other day); make sure to look for the UL listed symbol or at least get the "safety" style that is designed for safer blowouts (safer being relative I'm sure). When using the butane cartridges be sure not to put anything too large on the stove that will reflect heat back onto the gas cylinder.

Don't forget to pick up some soju to go along with it- Geonbae!

Last edited:

Pappy

Opposite end of the price spectrum - I’d look at partner steel stoves. They make a single cook partner stove.
Yes they do. Just bought one myself. Just need a "steak saver" to use the 1# bottles. With the piezo mod.20190108_202941.jpg20190108_202817.jpg

Last edited:

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Finally retired the old Svea 123R; this thread influenced me to get a butane/propane GasOne (and it comes stock with a piezo igniter)...
51HpeWt6KZL._SL1024_.jpg

got some expensive cans of butane but likely won't use it, because the propane adapter hose works fine...
I expect this to be adequate for the light cooking that I do (at about 7,000 BTUit has roughly 50% more heat output than the old Svea) .
...need to find a small square griddle...

Packed in the rearranged (Harbor freight) case..
DSCF0317.JPG
Makes good coffee with the percolator...

Enjoy!

Last edited:

jgaz

Adventurer
Finally retired the old Svea 123R; this thread influenced me to get a butane/propane GasOne (and it comes stock with a piezo igniter)...
51HpeWt6KZL._SL1024_.jpg

got some expensive cans of butane but likely won't use it, because the propane adapter hose works fine...
I expect this to be adequate for the light cooking that I do (at about 7,000 BTUit has roughly 50% more heat output than the old Svea) .
...need to find a small square griddle...

Packed in the rearranged (Harbor freight) case..
View attachment 500619
Makes good coffee with the percolator...

Enjoy!
Which size Harbor Freight case are you using in that picture? Stove looks like it fits well.

robert

Expedition Leader
You may want to get one of the folding wind screens to pack with it, they can get finicky if it's blowing out. GasOne sells one as do other companies, they run about $9.

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Which size Harbor Freight case are you using in that picture? Stove looks like it fits well.
I got the 4800, X-large case, on sale with a 25% off coupon (wait for a sale or find a coupon, IMO).
https://www.harborfreight.com/4800-weatherproof-protective-case-x-large-64250.html
It does fit well and the case is enough bigger than the old missile container to keep most of the cook gear.... (Adding the propane can used a significant amount of space).
I am currently deciding on whether or not to cut a cast iron grddle in half to fit the stove...

You may want to get one of the folding wind screens to pack with it, they can get finicky if it's blowing out. GasOne sells one as do other companies, they run about $9.
The folding windscreen is stowed along the side of the case, in its bag, next to the percolator spout... It was needed with the Svea to get the morning coffee to perk in a reasonable amount of time.

Enjjoy!

morning coffee labor day 2016 DSCF0249.JPG

NevetsG

Yes they do. Just bought one myself. Just need a "steak saver" to use the 1# bottles. With the piezo mod.View attachment 499670View attachment 499671

My god that thing is built like a tank.

Buuuut, it is powered with a scooter engine.

You would think with all the work they put into the box, they would have installed a burner that is inline with the price point you are spending. Grab up a gas one burner and swap out the internals into this box and you will have a monster stove that could kill a moose then cook it.

Pappy

My god that thing is built like a tank.

Buuuut, it is powered with a scooter engine.

You would think with all the work they put into the box, they would have installed a burner that is inline with the price point you are spending. Grab up a gas one burner and swap out the internals into this box and you will have a monster stove that could kill a moose then cook it.
Bud, this thing is a monster cooker. Way faster than my old Primus. Way faster than my old MSR G/K. I can start a pot of water, walk around the truck, and by the time I come back it's starting to bubble. This stove way exceeds my needs and expectations. Shoot, the burner is the same as the ones they use on the 2-burner stoves.

NevetsG

Bud, this thing is a monster cooker. Way faster than my old Primus. Way faster than my old MSR G/K. I can start a pot of water, walk around the truck, and by the time I come back it's starting to bubble. This stove way exceeds my needs and expectations. Shoot, the burner is the same as the ones they use on the 2-burner stoves.

Looking at the materials and welds, you can see the people who made it really care about quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles